Hacking Backing up my REAL GBA games (actual cartridges), not 3in1

robot85

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I wasn't sure exactly where to put this, but anyway...

I'm wondering if there's anyway to backup (and restore) save files to/from my physcial GBA games (NOT roms). I have an Acekard 2i and an EZ Flash 3-in-1. I realize you can (painfully) backup and restore saves from the 3in1, but that is NOT what I'm wondering. I want to be able to backup and restore saves to my real GBA games, if at all possible with the two flashcarts I have.

GBAexploder and gbabackup don't work without the 3in1... is there any other program/way I can do this...?

Even a "No, it's impossible" would be appreciated. :)

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
i haven't done it for a while but i recall that the gba backup tool will dump your slot-2 save to your slot-1 msd card.

[ft]gba backup tool 0.21[/ft]

i'm also pretty sure that cart_save by chishm will do the same thing: http://chishm.drunkencoders.com/SendSave/cart_save.zip, but it requires a slot-2 flash kit as its a .gba file.

-another world

syrusch

Trophies
Website
www.stut.ch
XP
Country
Swaziland
I i can't dump my originals cartridge of Advance Wars 2 and The Sims 2. Both are Eu and i've tried GBA Backup Tool 0.21 and Simple GBA Backup.

EDIT: nevermind, i have tried again with GBA Backup Tool and it worked for Advance Wars 2 :)
Will try The Sims 2 again. Srry ;)

EDIT2: ok, it worked also for The Sims. My DSL has the power to low. I have plug in the power cable and it worked. I mean GBA Backup Tool work better with the power supply conected.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Good night