Backing up my REAL GBA games (actual cartridges), not 3in1

Discussion in 'Acekard' started by robot85, Feb 25, 2012.

1. robot85
    OP

Newcomer robot85 Newbie

Canada
    I wasn't sure exactly where to put this, but anyway...

I'm wondering if there's anyway to backup (and restore) save files to/from my physcial GBA games (NOT roms). I have an Acekard 2i and an EZ Flash 3-in-1. I realize you can (painfully) backup and restore saves from the 3in1, but that is NOT what I'm wondering. I want to be able to backup and restore saves to my real GBA games, if at all possible with the two flashcarts I have.

GBAexploder and gbabackup don't work without the 3in1... is there any other program/way I can do this...?

Even a "No, it's impossible" would be appreciated. :)

2. Another World

Former Staff Another World Emulate the Planet!

Colombia
    you'll want the gba backup tool: http://filetrip.net/file.php?id=3228

-another world

3. Another World

Former Staff Another World Emulate the Planet!

Colombia
    i haven't done it for a while but i recall that the gba backup tool will dump your slot-2 save to your slot-1 msd card.

[ft]gba backup tool 0.21[/ft]

i'm also pretty sure that cart_save by chishm will do the same thing: http://chishm.drunkencoders.com/SendSave/cart_save.zip, but it requires a slot-2 flash kit as its a .gba file.

-another world

4. syrusch

Member syrusch GBAtemp Regular

Switzerland
    I i can't dump my originals cartridge of Advance Wars 2 and The Sims 2. Both are Eu and i've tried GBA Backup Tool 0.21 and Simple GBA Backup.

EDIT: nevermind, i have tried again with GBA Backup Tool and it worked for Advance Wars 2 :)
    Will try The Sims 2 again. Srry ;)

EDIT2: ok, it worked also for The Sims. My DSL has the power to low. I have plug in the power cable and it worked. I mean GBA Backup Tool work better with the power supply conected.