Hacking Backing up .cia saves.

viral777

mecha connoisseur
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
where is the save data from the .cia's located on the SD card. I already lost whatever I already had, so I want to take extra precaution to not lose them again. Thank you.

viral777

mecha connoisseur
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I believe you can use SaveDataFiler to backup/restore saves.
I think cia saves are ext data.

Someone will be able to answer this.

I thought they were in the user section? but a lot of the files are in red say BROKEN. For example. FF40A -- broken --

viral777

mecha connoisseur
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
okay they are located in in the USER tab, but my fantasy life file says its broken. Any ideas why? and thank you for the help!

MattKimura

3DS & WiiU Enthusiast
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
okay they are located in in the USER tab, but my fantasy life file says its broken. Any ideas why? and thank you for the help!

Fantasy Life is one of the games that are ext data in SaveDataFiler. If you refer to a Fantasy Life save editing thread, they tell you which save to backup. That's because unique games like Fantasy Life, have save data in ext data. Games like Theatrhythm Final Fantasy.
I never tried backing up cia save games, I'm primarily a .3ds user.

I wonder if we can share saves from cia, if we backed them up from SaveDataFiler. I know it's possible for games like Pokemon X/Y/OR/AS, and Animal Crossing New Leaf (Card2 games) But then those were .3ds saves. I don't know if card2 applies to cia games.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: CRAZY HAMBURGER