Backing up .cia saves.

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by viral777, Jan 12, 2015.

1. viral777
    OP

viral777 mecha connoisseur

Oct 19, 2009
    United States
    where is the save data from the .cia's located on the SD card. I already lost whatever I already had, so I want to take extra precaution to not lose them again. Thank you.

2. MattKimura

MattKimura 3DS & WiiU Enthusiast

Jun 30, 2014
    United States
    I believe you can use SaveDataFiler to backup/restore saves.
    I think cia saves are ext data.

Someone will be able to answer this.

Margen67 and viral777 like this.
  3. viral777
    OP

Oct 19, 2009
    United States
    I thought they were in the user section? but a lot of the files are in red say BROKEN. For example. FF40A -- broken --

4. viral777
    OP

Oct 19, 2009
    United States
    okay they are located in in the USER tab, but my fantasy life file says its broken. Any ideas why? and thank you for the help!

5. MattKimura

MattKimura 3DS & WiiU Enthusiast

Jun 30, 2014
    United States
    Fantasy Life is one of the games that are ext data in SaveDataFiler. If you refer to a Fantasy Life save editing thread, they tell you which save to backup. That's because unique games like Fantasy Life, have save data in ext data. Games like Theatrhythm Final Fantasy.
    I never tried backing up cia save games, I'm primarily a .3ds user.

I wonder if we can share saves from cia, if we backed them up from SaveDataFiler. I know it's possible for games like Pokemon X/Y/OR/AS, and Animal Crossing New Leaf (Card2 games) But then those were .3ds saves. I don't know if card2 applies to cia games.