malverns

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
So, I was looking to format my entire Wii remove all the titles, tickets... homebrew channel... EVERYTHING.

I want to do this as I have to send my Wii off to Nintendo for repair but I want to backup some of my channels (wads) that I've installed.

The problem is I don't have the wads on my computer anymore so I wont be able to just re-install them again. I also wont be able to download some of them again such as my Chrono trigger injected wad (perfect banners and sound which i have a savegame for) which I can no longer find because the website I used to use has now gone offline.

I've backed up all my miis and save games etc so I guess what im asking is... Is there a program which will allow me to extract the wads or back them up so I can later install them again.

Oh and before you ask, yes i have attempted to back them up to my SD card but when i attempt to copy them back to my wii system memory it bitches at me saying "data was not copied"

If anyone can help itll be much appreciated

alex

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
malverns said:
So, I was looking to format my entire Wii remove all the titles, tickets... homebrew channel... EVERYTHING.

I want to do this as I have to send my Wii off to Nintendo for repair but I want to backup some of my channels (wads) that I've installed.

The problem is I don't have the wads on my computer anymore so I wont be able to just re-install them again. I also wont be able to download some of them again such as my Chrono trigger injected wad (perfect banners and sound which i have a savegame for) which I can no longer find because the website I used to use has now gone offline.

I've backed up all my miis and save games etc so I guess what im asking is... Is there a program which will allow me to extract the wads or back them up so I can later install them again.

Oh and before you ask, yes i have attempted to back them up to my SD card but when i attempt to copy them back to my wii system memory it bitches at me saying "data was not copied"

If anyone can help itll be much appreciated
Well, you could dump the Wii file system, isn't that how releases work? You get all the .app files, .tmd, .trailer, etc. and pack each into a wad? Or redownload them
rolleyes.gif

djdynamite123

Master Of Hardcore!
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.djdynamite.bravehost.com
XP
Country
its an Ass when you get that ERROR like..
frown.gif

quick question why on earth didn't you have all your files and wads etc backed up either on a usb or another sd or on hard disk anyway? Soon or later you may need them again!??

Unsure if there is anything that can back them up, somehow dump them. i may be wrong but im pretty sure.
smile.gif

malverns

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
djdynamite123 said:
its an Ass when you get that ERROR like..
frown.gif

quick question why on earth didn't you have all your files and wads etc backed up either on a usb or another sd or on hard disk anyway? Soon or later you may need them again!??

Unsure if there is anything that can back them up, somehow dump them. i may be wrong but im pretty sure.
smile.gif

Yeah i know Im an idiot...

i formatted my computer and lost it all im afraid...

niceguy1430

Trophies
XP
Country
India
Just use Gecko 1.07b which has the option of removing Copy flags in reebooter menu.
Restart, and Voila! you are able to copy Wiiware games back as a channel from SD card to the Wii.

joinx

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hi..how to remove the copy protection from any save game..
i'm using gecko os 1.9.1 to remove flag and reboot but still no change...then i tried using the save installer from homebrew
but i get error ret -1..
any help plz...

japzone

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
joinx said:
i'm using gecko os 1.9.1 to remove flag and reboot but still no change...then i tried using the save installer from homebrew
but i get error ret -1..
any help plz...

Just use StartPatch. Follow the instructions to install the Copy Protection patch.
(StartPatch 4.0+ only. Use Starfall for 3.x)

damysteryman

I am too busy IRL these days...
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Use waninkoko's wad creator to make backup .wad copies of all the channels you have installed (make sure they're actually on NAND, wad creator cannot backup ones in the SD Menu), then use a copy protection removal hack to backup all of your save games.

Det1re

det1re.de
Trophies
Website
det1re.de
XP
Country
Gambia, The
joinx said:
but i get error ret -1..
any help plz...

The hack only removes the check, the button to copy the data is still grayed out, but will work.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @salazarcosplay yeah cod's still up