Backing up Channels to the SD "data was not copied"

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by malverns, Nov 2, 2008.

1. malverns
    OP

Newcomer malverns Advanced Member

United Kingdom
    So, I was looking to format my entire Wii remove all the titles, tickets... homebrew channel... EVERYTHING.

I want to do this as I have to send my Wii off to Nintendo for repair but I want to backup some of my channels (wads) that I've installed.

The problem is I don't have the wads on my computer anymore so I wont be able to just re-install them again. I also wont be able to download some of them again such as my Chrono trigger injected wad (perfect banners and sound which i have a savegame for) which I can no longer find because the website I used to use has now gone offline.

I've backed up all my miis and save games etc so I guess what im asking is... Is there a program which will allow me to extract the wads or back them up so I can later install them again.

Oh and before you ask, yes i have attempted to back them up to my SD card but when i attempt to copy them back to my wii system memory it bitches at me saying "data was not copied"

If anyone can help itll be much appreciated

2. alex

Member alex GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    Well, you could dump the Wii file system, isn't that how releases work? You get all the .app files, .tmd, .trailer, etc. and pack each into a wad? Or redownload them [​IMG]

3. djdynamite123

Banned djdynamite123 Master Of Hardcore!

United Kingdom
    its an Ass when you get that ERROR like.. [​IMG]

quick question why on earth didn't you have all your files and wads etc backed up either on a usb or another sd or on hard disk anyway? Soon or later you may need them again!??

Unsure if there is anything that can back them up, somehow dump them. i may be wrong but im pretty sure. [​IMG]

4. malverns
    OP

Newcomer malverns Advanced Member

United Kingdom

Yeah i know Im an idiot...

i formatted my computer and lost it all im afraid...

5. niceguy1430

Newcomer niceguy1430 Newbie

India
    Just use Gecko 1.07b which has the option of removing Copy flags in reebooter menu.
    Restart, and Voila! you are able to copy Wiiware games back as a channel from SD card to the Wii.

6. joinx

Newcomer joinx Advanced Member

Mauritius
    Hi..how to remove the copy protection from any save game..
    i'm using gecko os 1.9.1 to remove flag and reboot but still no change...then i tried using the save installer from homebrew
    but i get error ret -1..
    any help plz...

7. japzone

Newcomer japzone Member

United States
    Just use StartPatch. Follow the instructions to install the Copy Protection patch.
    (StartPatch 4.0+ only. Use Starfall for 3.x)

8. damysteryman

Member damysteryman I am too busy IRL these days...

Antarctica
    Use waninkoko's wad creator to make backup .wad copies of all the channels you have installed (make sure they're actually on NAND, wad creator cannot backup ones in the SD Menu), then use a copy protection removal hack to backup all of your save games.

9. Det1re

Member Det1re det1re.de

Germany
    The hack only removes the check, the button to copy the data is still grayed out, but will work.