chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
nando said:
why even mention antenna gate, that was fixed long ago. the fram is split into 3 sections instead of 2.
The current iPhone 4 black still has this issue. (Apple gave iPhone 4 owners a free case as a solution, but that issue is still on the phone. You can't change it.)
Possibly even the 4 white as the design is 99% similar (heard that it was fixed).

Verizon ones do not.

I do not face any antennagate issue even without a phone case, however it just spoils the reputation of the phone and also showing how 'dumb' the buyer is.

BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hardware Design i think its awesome. It feels so nice and i love how heavy it feels
iOS Looks good, not the best OS though. But operates nicely.
Camera/Video performance I think the camera is really good? ive taken some really good pics with the icamera.
Call quality i dont have much here. i mean its decent enough i guess.
Applications hit and miss. They are getting better though.
Price WAAYY to effing much. apple is not justifed in making us pay 200 for a super locked down device with no micro sd slot
frown.gif

Also does anyone know of a cydia addon that closes apps when you hit the home button?

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Cydia SHOULD HAVE those apps.

However it would kill more battery life instead... considering that another process is running in the background.
tongue.gif

BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
bowser said:
I don't think a Cydia/App store app can do that. It will require a patch to the IOS rather than an app. Or maybe it will work if the app is constantly running in the background...
unsure.gif

do you know what your talking about here?

QUOTE(chris888222 @ Jun 1 2011, 08:23 AM) Cydia SHOULD HAVE those apps.

However it would kill more battery life instead... considering that another process is running in the background.
tongue.gif
Im pretty it would be a few lines of code telling the iOS not to let apps go background or whatever. They just close on the "Home" button being pressed and let you set up exceptions.

bowser

Mwa ha ha ha!
Trophies
XP
Country
India
BortzANATOR said:
bowser said:
I don't think a Cydia/App store app can do that. It will require a patch to the IOS rather than an app. Or maybe it will work if the app is constantly running in the background...
unsure.gif

tongue.gif
Im pretty it would be a few lines of code telling the iOS not to let apps go background or whatever. They just close on the "Home" button being pressed and let you set up exceptions.
Of course I do. Do you? Because you turned around and pretty much said the same thing I did.

Maybe iFish can jump in here and give us his two cents on how this would work
smile.gif

You wouldn't mind if I accused you of being a troll would you? Because you admitted it in your title "GBAtemp's Troll".
rolleyes.gif

Jamstruth

Secondary Feline Anthropomorph
Trophies
XP
Country
bowser said:
BortzANATOR said:
bowser said:
unsure.gif

tongue.gif
Of course I do. Do you? Because you turned around and pretty much said the same thing I did.

Maybe iFish can jump in here and give us his two cents on how this would work
smile.gif

You wouldn't mind if I accused you of being a troll would you? Because you admitted it in your title "GBAtemp's Troll".
rolleyes.gif
Actually I can interject. You can easily remove the multitasking feature from the phone! Downlaod a Cydia app called "Backgrounder" and change the settings in there to not allow any backgrounded applications by default. You can also set up exceptions for programs such as Skype and IMs you want in the background. Its a very light load on the phone.
Another option is to edit a plist in iOS to disable multitasking altogether (can't remember this plist's location or the value that needs changed) or for even simpler download a program called MyOS on Cydia which adds them as toggles in the settings app (respring must take place). You can also use these methods to enable multitasking on 2nd Gen iPods and iPhone 3Gs

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Ok good chatting, I'm off to the bar, to shoot some pool, nighty night. +1