Aww Hell No!! :(

phaerun

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Dude the problem is that this is a scum not a religion. Anyone can go worship the great calamari or whatever for all i care.
But those pricks are just finding naive /semi screwed in the brain ppl (with money of course because if you are not loaded they don't give a ff) and persuade them they can save them from their sins if they join their "religion". that alien crap and all the theory surrounding them are just a smoke blanket to cover what they are truly doing which is leeching off money. only p

I for one thank God proselytism is illegal here so none of those pricks can pester me. Remember when was I was living in LA and all the times i happened to pass outside their center in Hollywood Blvd there was someone to offer me advice
tongue.gif
Hell i even told one of them that I don't speak english only greek and he went in the freaking center to give me a leaflet in greek. They are the plague p

WeaponXxX

Too F'in Blonde
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Who gives a fuck?
I think all organized religions/cults are a scam. The Scientologist are ripping people off? EGAD!!! From what I hear from my church going friend they are often obligated to give 10% of their income and guilted into giving more. Some broke ass sobs who are always playing on MY consoles cause they don't have the cash for the latest goodies can somehow manage to dish out dough so their pastor, priest, whatever can build a super expensive house to worship god in and of course pay off his fancy car and house payment.

I just think it is ironic to make a thread to flame Will about his choices I mean jesus it does seem absurd...the whole alien thing but is it any more absurd than talking flaming bushes and some dude being able to repopulate Earth and defy sciences PROOF that if I bang my sister, then bang our imbred kids, then bang my inbred grandkids we'd be talking about some serious ass retardation?

So Will believes he is a descendant of aliens and he is a nut job, and with the media negatively portraying Scientology its easy for me to jump on the bandwagon and go "The GUYS a fuckin loooony, boycott the movies" Then common sense kicks in and I think, 90% of my favorite actors, musicians, and comedians believe in some stupid ass shit...shit Dennis Leary is a Catholic (I'm pretty sure) and that doesn't stop me from loving his stand up act or his show Rescue Me.

moozxy

hamboning
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
WeaponXxX said:
Who gives a fuck?
I think all organized religions/cults are a scam. The Scientologist are ripping people off? EGAD!!! From what I hear from my church going friend they are often obligated to give 10% of their income and guilted into giving more. Some broke ass sobs who are always playing on MY consoles cause they don't have the cash for the latest goodies can somehow manage to dish out dough so their pastor, priest, whatever can build a super expensive house to worship god in and of course pay off his fancy car and house payment.

I just think it is ironic to make a thread to flame Will about his choices I mean jesus it does seem absurd...the whole alien thing but is it any more absurd than talking flaming bushes and some dude being able to repopulate Earth and defy sciences PROOF that if I bang my sister, then bang our imbred kids, then bang my inbred grandkids we'd be talking about some serious ass retardation?

So Will believes he is a descendant of aliens and he is a nut job, and with the media negatively portraying Scientology its easy for me to jump on the bandwagon and go "The GUYS a fuckin loooony, boycott the movies" Then common sense kicks in and I think, 90% of my favorite actors, musicians, and comedians believe in some stupid ass shit...shit Dennis Leary is a Catholic (I'm pretty sure) and that doesn't stop me from loving his stand up act or his show Rescue Me.
Well the difference is, thinking all religion is a scam is a matter of opinion, Scientology is a scam; FACT.

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WeaponXxX said:
Who gives a fuck?

Post of the week.

Every bit is true.

moozxy

hamboning
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
WeaponXxX said:
How?
Throw me some FACTS to discredit Scientology
I guess discrediting what Scientologists believe will be as hard as discrediting what Christians or any other religion believe since what they ask for is faith. The whole history of Scientology was only created by L. Ron Hubbard so he could create it under the guise of religion but that part I guess is opinion.. Who knows how the universe started?
However as I've said many times Scientology is a money grabbing organization and there are many facts to support this.
Main fact number one: All religion is free. What other religion do you know of where you have to pay for salvation? Even the 10% Christians pay is voluntary, what they pay is out of gratitude, and you don't have to pay to acknowledge Jesus died for your sins.
Fact number two: Most religion are based on good morals and such, before creating Scientology, L. Ron Hubbard said "Writing for a penny a word is ridiculous. If a man really wants to make a million dollars, the best way would be to start his own religion". Scientology is based on that.

I didn't create this topic for a flamewar on religion, people can believe in whatever they want, I believe in freedom of religion. What I do wish to err "flame" is the organisation called the "Church of Scientology" and it's actions.So I'm not really making a fuss over what Scientologists believe but how the "Church" operate. I think it would have been better to say "Will Smith has joined an pyramid schemed organisation" so there would have been no confusion from the start.

I'm not really good at explaining stuff and I had to spend some time on my reply so I could organize my thoughts and stuff.. I hope there's nothing I missed out
unsure.gif

EDIT: You could probably retell some examples of how certain individuals of certain religions have broken the law or something and then say "look they are as all as bad as each other" except that's just the thing, it's the individual that has done these things, the religion does not condone it. There are just some extremists and nutjobs present in every religion.
Scientology condones the silencing of any person who talks out against Scientology (SPs) using any means necessary, be it legal or not.

kpeezy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Panzer Tacticer said:
sinkhead said:
Panzer Tacticer said:
All religions (the flaky fringes and the old established ones) have things that make them NOT ideal selling points to be a member of.

Currently we are slagging Scientology (which only a nut calls a religion in the first place).

But take Catholics for instance. Is it logical to assume that all Catholics advocate screwing little boys just because they have trouble with some priests doing this?
Using this analogy, the Bible says it's OK to screw little boys.

Scientology's books contain all this stuff. They say Jesus was a paedophile (correct spelling, UK) and lover of young boys, they say that homosexuality can be cured, they say that critics can be lied, tricked, sued or destroyed and so on...

You have an odd quoting style
smile.gif

The bible actually DOES say some odd things though. I have a pet fondness for laughing at Liviticus (the guy the started homo bashing). He also states you can kidnap girls as long as they are not from your country, and you can do what you want with them.

I can show you documentation that actually can illustrate Jesus never existed in the first place (thus making it hard for him to be anything at all). I'm sure anyone can be cured of anything in the mind of a Scientologist (as long as you have enough money). Pity they can't cure people from being poor eh
smile.gif

You got called on your bullshit analogy. Take it like a man instead of spouting off more bullshit.

matriculated

Trophies
Website
www.nubecoder.com
XP
Country
Canada
WeaponXxX said:
How?

Google up "scientology and me". It should bring up some youtube videos that are pretty interesting. But don't just watch the one where the reporter loses it - it makes him look bad because you don't know why he loses it unless you watch the entire BBC report.

WeaponXxX

Too F'in Blonde
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
moozxy said:
WeaponXxX said:
I guess discrediting what Scientologists believe will be as hard as discrediting what Christians or any other religion believe since what they ask for is faith.
Exactly Christians TRULY believe they will be reunited with their bodies and becomes ZOMBIES and Scientologist TRULY believe they are the spirits of aliens. Both of them based off FAITH of what ONE DUDE said and to mock either when believing in either...is ridiculous. It is only acceptable to laugh at Will because his religion is the minority and SOUNDS silly but a large portion of people who follow the "good" book have never read it. Right now there is like 20 Christian/Catholics going "what...we turn to zombies? REALLY?

QUOTE(moozxy @ May 21 2008, 02:09 PM)
I didn't create this topic for a flamewar on religion, people can believe in whatever they want, I believe in freedom of religion. What I do wish to err "flame" is the organisation called the "Church of Scientology" and it's actions.So I'm not really making a fuss over what Scientologists believe but how the "Church" operate.
Again if I wasn't in this dark little place I'm at right now I'd probably ignore this thread just like all the other flammable topics again it was my natural reaction to go "Doh, Will Smith NOT YOU" but then the common sense kicked in and said "WHO GIVES A FUCK" To get to the point I really don't think you were trying to flame, but rather jumping on the bandwagon.

But if I said, "I don't care what Christians believe in but rather how Christians operate... I mean seriously they are like a plague I watch Kirk Cameron on TV and he literally pushing people to push their religion. "If your parents don't believe MAKE THEM believe. Here is your goal today, go out and meet 20 strangers and introduce them to Jesus". That kind of shit irks the fuck out of me especially when I am at Target to get some Anal Lube and some latex gloves to enjoy some sin and debochary and some dude is like, "What church do you go to? You should come to my church, have you met Jesus?" They can believe in Zombies and Bushes that doesn't bother me but it is how they OPERATE. If ... and IF I said all that you know DAMN well you'd be up in arms and huffing and puffing.

I think South Park's Mormon episode said it best in terms of religion and tolerance, I'll rephrase the quote to fit Will Smith's beliefs:

So Will Smith pays for religion and it may not make sense...he is happy (and his family is also hopefully happy) and really in the grand scheme of life that is all that matters. All Will ever did was try make movies for you to enjoy but you're so high and mighty you couldn't look past his religion and enjoy some great flicks. You've got a lot of growing up to do, buddy. Suck my balls

WeaponXxX

Too F'in Blonde
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I have a lot of work to do matriculated but I will stop and watch the video. Are you assuring me that if I take the time to watch the video it does in fact prove that Xenu did NOT bring a bunch of aliens here and toss em in a volcano? Or is it just another video that makes Scientologist look like nut bags?

matriculated

Trophies
Website
www.nubecoder.com
XP
Country
Canada
The money aspect of the Church of Scientology (COS) is one thing that separates it from other religions/cults/whatever. This could be interpreted as: if you don't have lots of money, we won't help you - so the poor, the homeless, can't be Scientologists - there's no good will there unless you're rich. (I interpret it as, the people running COS, are scamming people for money). Most, if not all, high level Scientologists are incredibly wealthy. Whereas most Christian churches, for example, go out of their way to help the poor and the homeless. True, this could be looked upon as a thinly guised plan to convert people to Christianity, but they don't force people into - deranged parents do that.

...and why does COS they need so much money?

WeaponXxX

Too F'in Blonde
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Okay I am gonna take a blind dive here, I used to read up on religiona a lot like 10 years ago and debate quite frequently but I'm rusty but didn't Jesus want to start a religion that was free because Synagogues required a membership fee?

I'm taking a dive here and posting without doing my research but I am pretty sure I am correct.

On part 2/4 still nothing that offers facts btw

@IainDS
That little quote was taken directly from the TV show South Park
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/All_About_Mormons
So the Suck My Balls quote was directly from the show. Not quite sure what your response is about but it was I wanted to clarfy I wasn't saying that I want anyone to suck my balls, but rather Gary's final statement has a good point.

moozxy

hamboning
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
First off I think you can stop with that condescending tone of yours.. "Suck my balls"? Come on GBAtemp is better than that!
And I am certainly not jumping on any bandwagon and hating CO$ just because it's the cool thing on the internet. Sure at first it was Anonymous' actions that brought Scientology to my attention but after that I did my research and it was their actions that disgusted me and caused me to hate it's "Church".

Well, I don't think you got what I was trying to say.. I do not care what they believe. There's another group that believe in Scientology but are not part of the CO$ because they disagree with how they operate, and by operate I mean ILLEGAL ACTIVITIES. How many churches do you know that have wiretapped governemt buildings? Sent mailbombs to government officials under another name to frame someone who has been speaking out against them? Kidnapped someone who was trying to leave them in a public hospital?

And you do not pay for religion!!! It is FREE, and so what can we tell by the Church of Scientology which makes it's members pay? It is NOT a religion.

I'm just getting worked up here, and I can tell that you are too so I'm going to stop replying for today because I'll just say something stupid..

EDIT: I thought those remarks where directed at me and not from the actual quote.

IainDS

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
WeaponXxX said:
Okay I am gonna take a blind dive here, I used to read up on religiona a lot like 10 years ago and debate quite frequently but I'm rusty but didn't Jesus want to start a religion that was free because Synagogues required a membership fee?

I'm taking a dive here and posting without doing my research but I am pretty sure I am correct.

On part 2/4 still nothing that offers facts btw

@IainDS
That little quote was taken directly from the TV show South Park
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/All_About_Mormons
So the Suck My Balls quote was directly from the show. Not quite sure what your response is about but it was I wanted to clarfy I wasn't saying that I want anyone to suck my balls, but rather Gary's final statement has a good point.

Pretty cool.

squirt1000

Would rather have a cup of Tea!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Isnt all organised religion simply a money making scam?? Im not trying to tread on anyones toes or rubbish their beliefs before anyone starts kicking off!!

Just my opinion
wink.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @Psionic Roshambo, atleast there was some neat filler there