gamgam

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi all,

Just ordered a gateway for my n3ds. Just wondering if there was any helpful do's and don't do's to avoid bricking the console.

I've seen a few posts where people have bricked through CIA installations and would like to avoid that.

Thanks!

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
Hi all,

Just ordered a gateway for my n3ds. Just wondering if there was any helpful do's and don't do's to avoid bricking the console.

I've seen a few posts where people have bricked through CIA installations and would like to avoid that.

Thanks!

As long you keep installing stuff to your emulated nand, you are safe. Avoid messing with your system nand, and you are done :)

Deleted member 333767

Trophies
XP
Don't attempt to update from a ROM in gateway mode without emuNAND setup first. That's pretty much the only way the AVERAGE gateway user can brick at the moment.

Unless you've got an O3DS and running gateway 2.0b2, then it's inevitable :yay:

gamgam

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Don't attempt to update from a ROM in gateway mode without emuNAND setup first. That's pretty much the only way the AVERAGE gateway user can brick at the moment.

Unless you've got an O3DS and running gateway 2.0b2, then it's inevitable :yay:

This may be a stupid question, but how can you run a rom to get the update without being in emunand?

sarkwalvein

There's hope for a Xenosaga port.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
This may be a stupid question, but how can you run a rom to get the update without being in emunand?

If you do not create emunand (format emunand) then you will always be in sysnand in gateway mode.
If you then launch a game while pressing dpad down (IIRC) then it will start the brick-update.

gamgam

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you do not create emunand (format emunand) then you will always be in sysnand in gateway mode.
If you then launch a game while pressing dpad down (IIRC) then it will start the brick-update.

Ah great, thanks. What does holding down while booting a normally do. Initiate the emunand rom update based on the firmware attached to the rom?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1