pedrohell

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Luxembourg
Hello,

My question is the following: Is it possible to watch .avi movies files on a softmodded Wii via a usb-hdd?
If Yes, is there a guide of how to do it?
Thanks.

Blue-K

No right of appeal.
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
eth3rton said:
Can this app run my daughters DVDs off the USB HDD?
Wut?

-It should be able to play the DVD, just insert the DVD in the Wii, and go to DVD in the menu (if you have HBC 1.0.8, and a clean IOS58, but then again, probably not 100% compatibility, just saying).
-If you rip the DVD at your Computer to an ISO-File (google for DVD-Ripper, or something like that), and place it in a NTFS-Partition/use Samba, it should also be able to play it (then again, imo a bit buggy).

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Sorry for slightly off topic question, but does WiiMC handle DVD menus properly? And how is DVD playback these days? I haven't tried it since back in the days of DVDx v1 (with seperate installer) and MPlayer CE. Also, I assume it has no issue with imported DVDs, considering adding region checking would simply be MORE hassle?

Blue-K

No right of appeal.
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
SifJar said:
Sorry for slightly off topic question, but does WiiMC handle DVD menus properly? And how is DVD playback these days? I haven't tried it since back in the days of DVDx v1 (with seperate installer) and MPlayer CE. Also, I assume it has no issue with imported DVDs, considering adding region checking would simply be MORE hassle?
Playback is much better now, Movies which didn't work with DVDX work now, and the menus also work (though, imo a bit buggy sometimes, like I said). Dunno about the region though, just try it?

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Don't have any out of region DVDs. Just in case I ever do
tongue.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_NTF5_qgH0o