Avator picture Help

Discussion in 'Site Discussions & Suggestions' started by TA:Anime manager, May 17, 2003.

May 17, 2003

Avator picture Help by TA:Anime manager at 3:28 AM (825 Views / 0 Likes) 7 replies

1. TA:Anime manager
    OP

TA:Anime manager Newbie

How come when I set up a pic and an avator I see the picture with a X'ed square everytime I put up a post

2. mole_incarnate

Former Staff mole_incarnate Watermelon!

Australia
    Even though your avatar is not quite to this forums liking at all (prepare to get flamed), to get it working you need to change hosts, I will not host a image of that sort either. Your host doesnt allow hotlinking of files, so when you link it will either come up with 'this file is hosted on such and such' (tripod free accounts) or just a x like yours.

3. TA:Anime manager
    OP

TA:Anime manager Newbie

So what would be a good choice for a host site?Mine is from Geocities

4. GameKoder

Member GameKoder GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Try using FreeWebs (www.freewebs.com) no annoying pop-up and easy to use/handle.

5. mole_incarnate

Australia
    Look in koekie's sig, theres a upload dump thingy just for sigs, its free and you dont need to register and all the crap.

6. likk

Member likk GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Whats the matter with that avatar? Its just a chibi Hiei from Yu Yu Hakusho.....not like its any kind of ecchi/yaoi or pr0n. Nothing that'd break any rules here.....

www.boomspeed.com is a good free place to use, but koekie's offer in his sig is good.

-likk

7. mole_incarnate

Australia
    boomspeed dont allow hotlinking, prepare to get your account deleted after a while if you get one.

He has CHANGED his ava. It was a little more vilolent to something that wont be named.

8. Tempest Stormwin

Former Staff Tempest Stormwin Kweisatz Haderach

Canada
    I thought it was easier for Geocities users to change the extension to TXT instead of JPG on the file and the link they put as their avatar... Geocities doesn't block TXT files...

-Tempest out.-