Morgawr

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Italy
While GBATemp was down, Avalon Code has been dumped. I got it and as soon as I put it on my R4 (yes, sadly it's an R4) I started playing. The game works fine and it's awesome so far, though at the very beginning, after reaching the town, the fire spirits tell me something on the lines of "Why don't you go to your house?" but as soon as I enter in the house the top screen becomes black and the game freezes (bottom screen stays the same but without input, the sound goes on forever). I tried 4-5 times but it keeps doing it, is it possibly a piracy check? Or a bad dump? Or a problem with the R4? Share your opinions, please people who own different flash devices, try it out! T___T

Morgawr

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Italy
iNFiNiTY said:
I looked for a piracy check, and there wasnt one. So unless its something new its a flashcart problem.
Which version have you checked? The Japanese or the English (just dumped) one?

Damn, if it's the R4 then I guess I'll have to try that YS menu (or whatever it's called) and hope for the best.... else I'll just have to buy a new flashcart T_T

Sludge

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not sure if this will help, but back when I had a R4 I'd frequently have games lock up when the file was too fragmented. I had something like your problem with Rune Factory, every time I entered the general store, the game would freeze.

Depravo

KALSARIKÄNNIT
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
QUOTE said:
I guess I'll have to try that YS menu (or whatever it's called) and hope for the best

I made the switch to YSMenu around 5 months ago and I haven't looked back. If you have a real R4 then I can't recommend it enough.

Morgawr

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Italy
Sludge said:
I'm not sure if this will help, but back when I had a R4 I'd frequently have games lock up when the file was too fragmented. I had something like your problem with Rune Factory, every time I entered the general store, the game would freeze.

How did you solve the problem (if you did) ?
Anyways yeah, I know R4 sucks, though I had never had freezes before, only once with TWEWY but I had a very very very old outdated firmware... now every R4 firmwared is outdated though, since they stopped working on it >__

Xylez

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
never had problems with my R4 so far, hope thats the same for this game
because there haven't been any good game releases and i'm bored with most games

miruki

Trophies
Website
geekouts.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Something else, I noticed the US rom is 20mb smaller than the JPN one, does anyone know why? Did they cut some of the voiceovers? gonna try undubbing the game now, just been wondering if that may cause some trouble...

Depravo

KALSARIKÄNNIT
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Right, I've just given the game a little test run...

Using YSMenu on an original R4 I was able to get into my house, rest and get back out again with no problems so at least you now know it isn't the cart that's the problem.

That just leaves firmware, SD fragmentation, quality of dump... etc etc
happy.gif

Sludge

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Morgawr said:
How did you solve the problem (if you did) ?
Oh... yeah, I probably should have mentioned that part. I copied everything off the card, formatted, and then copied it back on. It fixed the problem I was having with Rune Factory.

Morgawr

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Italy
Depravo said:
Right, I've just given the game a little test run...

Using YSMenu on an original R4 I was able to get into my house, rest and get back out again with no problems so at least you now know it isn't the cart that's the problem.

That just leaves firmware, SD fragmentation, quality of dump... etc etc
happy.gif
Thanks, that was a real relief! I guess I'll have to try out YSMenu... as soon as I can get away from my old PSX.. just started playing it again with Tales of Destiny XP Been playing all day and still can't get enough
frown.gif

Raven Darkheart

The Radioactive Flamer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
miruki said:
Something else, I noticed the US rom is 20mb smaller than the JPN one, does anyone know why? Did they cut some of the voiceovers? gonna try undubbing the game now, just been wondering if that may cause some trouble...
let us know as soon as you try it

i'll look at it after the football games tonight
watching ManU now

Morgawr

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Italy
miruki said:
I don't understand, the ROM is 128MB as usual... how was it in the Japanese version? Or you mean the trimmed rom? :3

Also I'd love to undub it and put back the original Japanese sound files.. I'll try something later XP

robochrono09

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
can normal users add games to the release list on the front page ?

3505 - Boku to Sim no Machi Party (J)(Caravan)
3504 - Avalon Code (U)(Xenophobia)
3503 - Scrabble Interactive 2009 Edition (E)(M2)(BAHAMUT)
3502 - MySims Party (E)(M7)(BAHAMUT)

these games are dumped and im downloading avalon code now

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
robochrono09 said:
can normal users add games to the release list on the front page ?

3505 - Boku to Sim no Machi Party (J)(Caravan)
3504 - Avalon Code (U)(Xenophobia)
3503 - Scrabble Interactive 2009 Edition (E)(M2)(BAHAMUT)
3502 - MySims Party (E)(M7)(BAHAMUT)

these games are dumped and im downloading avalon code now

Yes, you can. But please make sure you have all the correct info and pics if you do it. On the portal, in the sidebar on the left, there is an option called "Submit Scene Release". That is where you can add releases for DS and Wii games. A mod will have to validate it before it will show on the portal though.

Back on topic....looks like a nice game.
tongue.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @K3Nv2 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9yWIobzBdKc