Hacking AutoRCM and its problems (especially REInx's)

Blaze9

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Myanmar (Burma)
Well...just as the title says..what are the problems that happens on switch with auto rcm? Are they really bad or just some minor stuffs

Kubas_inko

"Something funny goes here."
Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
Problem is, that Switch (with AutoRCM) boots to RCM after about 12+ seconds after being powered down, because of who knows why... So you can't really tell that it is in RCM, but it is and it is depleting your battery. So in order to fully power off your switch, you need to force shut it down or boot back to hekate and power off from there. Also if you deplete your battery while in RCM, it charges extremely slowly.
But if you know how to use it properly, there are no problems at all.

Last edited by Kubas_inko,

Blaze9

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Myanmar (Burma)
Problem is, that Switch (with AutoRCM) boots to RCM after about 12+ seconds after being powered down, because of who knows why... So you can't really tell that it is in RCM, but it is and it is depleting your battery. So in order to fully power off your switch, you need to force shut it down or boot back to hekate and power off from there.
But if you know how to use it properly, there are no problems at all.
Force shut down means pressing power buttons for 12 seconds or so right?

thorasgar

Checkout my evil Soon-in-ator™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Also the Switch charges extremely slow in rcm so if you do deplete the battery it can take several hours of charging to even boot it up.

Blaze9

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Myanmar (Burma)
Nope (AFAIK).
Thanks

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Also the Switch charges extremely slow in rcm so if you do deplete the battery it can take several hours of charging to even boot it up.
So....like charging with autorcm enabled and power off or power on?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Or just in rcm (black screen)?

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
Actually, it took about 10 minutes to boot back to HOS. Just had this happen as I was formatting my MSD. Which took way too long as my adapters are all garbage.

thorasgar

Checkout my evil Soon-in-ator™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If the Switch is properly shut down, in sleep mode, or booted into CFW it charges normally but if it is in rcm it charges very slowly.

Actually, it took about 10 minutes to boot back to HOS. Just had this happen as I was formatting my MSD. Which took way too long as my adapters are all garbage.
Probably depends how depleted the battery is. I have not let it happen but many others report it taking a long time.

Last edited by thorasgar,
Reactions: Blaze9

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ButterScott101 @ ButterScott101: +1