Hacking Autoboot USB Loader GX with Neek2o

noob99

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hello,

I softmodded a Wii and it was working fine. Untill I decided to remove the optical disc to make room for a 2.5" HDD. That is when I discovered the Wii would not play any game on the external hard drive. According to a thread on another forum at least the circuit board of the optical should be applied to the Wii. Unfortunately this did not work, I soldered the circuit board back to the optical drive... same result.

After some googling I discovered you can emulate the NAND with a drive interface (DI). Took me some time, but I finally managed to install Neek2o and launch a game via Wiiflow and USB Loader GX.

The thing is: it as to be fool proof. Initially I autobooted USB Loader GX via PriiLoader. This was really nice and you could immediately lauch a game. And I like the interface of USB Loader GX more than Wiiflow.

But I cannot figure out if it is possible to boot to USB Loader GX and launch a game on the emunand. Does anybody know if this is possible?
(One other thing: the emunand is so fast as the original NAND. Tips or tricks to speed this up? Install on the SD card?)

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
not yet.
I will add neek2o support for Channels (and probably Wii games too, but you don't need to be in neek mode for 90% of disc based games)

What you can do, is boot the console directly into neek2o mode.
Then, from neek environement, you launch USBLoaderGX which will think that all the channels present on your neek are located on "real NAND".
The loader will think Neek is the real NAND.

noob99

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
True, I already figured that out :)
But I want to boot directly into USBLoaderGX and do not want to go the channels. Is there not a setting or file I can adjust to automatically load a channel (read: USBLoaderGX) on the start up?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: I just Luv having CEX :)