Australian R18+ Might Not Come This Year

Discussion in 'User Submitted News' started by Livin in a box, Jul 19, 2011.

Jul 19, 2011
  1. Livin in a box
    OP

Member Livin in a box Livin' in a cardboard box

United Kingdom
    Australian gamers will have to wait a bit longer before there comes any conclusion to the controversial R18+ classification for video games.

From the way things are going with the discussions, it doesn't look like it's going to be coming anytime within this year. Last Friday, NSW Attorney-General Greg Smith also confirmed that he will not be voting on the issue.

According to his representative, "more work needs to be done on this issue", and so they will have to wait for the results of the classification review from the Australian Law Reform Commission, before he can make an informed decision.

Australian gamers have had it the hardest in terms of getting games with adult content. Because of the strict MA15+ rating system, they have missed out on a lot ofgames that have been denied of classification.[/p]

Source

This is just getting silly now. It's turning into an embarrassment that they can't get a rating in that many other countries have had for years.

2. petspaps

Member petspaps GBAtemp Regular

Australia
    fml, just straight out fml...... i cant believe this. Our parliamentary system is just one big joke.... just [​IMG]

I thinks its time to crack out [​IMG] and get the wheels moving.

3. Bladexdsl

Member Bladexdsl ZOMG my posts...it's over 9000!!!

Australia
    who gives a fuck i download import most of the games i play

4. SamAsh07

Member SamAsh07 GBAtemp Addict

Bahrain
    Lolol, they need to come out of that stone age they're living in, helloooo?? Women nowadays walk around half-naked, and I heard there's a nude beach in Australia too? Yet they cry about "games" with bouncy boobs that are barely visible...wow Australia....wow.