Elo

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
sweet..will have to log in and check in abit maybe..or tomorrow morning
wink.gif
..saw armand had added me ..
yeah,as mentioned..when us guys get it worldwide will be caos im sure..be careful so u dont loose all ure points ..i'll be busy with uni work anyways..
so..guess i'll have to add my team name (blue bombers or something ? ) to siggy haha..
btw..ive decided to drop out on trying to stay on the mario raceway (n64) world top 10 (was #2 yesterday..now im not even list any more..)..instead im aiming at most continental titles as possible
tongue.gif
..already got 4 or 5 now it seems..and now that ive unlocked rosalina (went to local gamestore and plugged my wii in there and they loaned me a pal smg
smile.gif
..) and used her..she is soooo sweet to use on the right bike..pwnage
biggrin.gif

A

armand66

OP
Yeh man, Rosalina is top to use with some of the highest ranked bikes for TT, although, sometimes not so good in multi, as bad acceleration after being hit can be hazardous lol.

Setting up a friendly battle arena now guys, either as Armada, or if not, i'll join my sisters match so look out for Chaazziiees room.

boxhunter91

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Wow never knew if you made a room you can start up your own games! Preety awesome
biggrin.gif
I did it with Beatnik he beat me 3-1
frown.gif

danielduvall

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hmm, got disconnected, oh well, good fun though. I obviously need some practise
smile.gif
Might see if i can rejoin again shortly

Edit: Tried joining room again when it was open (purple), kept saying unable to join friend. Hmm. This is the first disconnect i've experienced, haven't had one in 'worldwide' races etc.

Beatnik

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Disconnected as well. The Rosalina bike is insanely fast, but there's certainly skill behind the wheel/handle bars. Well done.

Edit: I keep looking for the 'this Nintendo restrictive chat is annoying' button... but am yet to find it.

A

armand66

OP
Hmmm, yeh.

So far, we got through a balloon battle, me and elo vs vertabray and dan.

They won the first game, we tied the second, we won the third, and won the fourth.

Then we did a GP, no worries, got through all 4 races. i won, then elo, then bray then dan.

Another gp, we had me, my sister elo, beat, bray, beat dropped out mid race, i won, with elo second.

Another one, we got through all 4 fine, me, then bray, then elo, then charelle.

Finally, one race into another, bray was one win up, and me, bray and chaz got dced from elos room.

Got another room going now. Think the net codes still a bit dodgy.

It's weird how we've all had drop outs at different times, yet the game still runs so well when in it.

genx

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
armand66 said:
Ok GenX, you sure you don't want to play in the B-League, you could always organize your 2 opponents a week to play you on the weekend, (you don't need to play your opponent in order, just need to play em both).

If not thats cool man, we'll see you online anyways.

I thought the Leagues were already full that's why I put myself as reserve. But I wouldn't mind being in the B-League if races can be organised that way.

vertabray

Trophies
Website
google.com
XP
Country
Oh man, last night was a shocker for me plus disconnects up the wazoo which doesnt help.

Not only that Armand and I notice on one race I came first by 1-2 seconds but somehow I can in second......a little buggy. Lets how that doesnt happen during the comp

Elo

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
heya guys,sorry bout last night..was rather drunk and donnu why i ended up playing..very stupid..last thing i remember was tripping over my cable and yanking it out of the usb thingy..so sorry for that disconnection
frown.gif
...promise i'll not be drinking and driving any more now
wink.gif

boxhunter91

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
LOl Elo good work! Might hit some races during the day. See you guys soon. BTW where can i edit my signature?

A

armand66

OP
Lmao, in the race, where, yeh, i guessed you dced me, charelle and Bray, Bray finished first by a corner, then me, then charelle, i remember, vaguely getting a mushroom, flying past you, then watching your character smash into a wall, Charelle was like, hes gone isn't he lol.

Some of those early GPs were absolute pissers, and i reckon that Battle mode was mad fun, Blue team nearly stole it from us Elo, or was it us who stole it from them lol.

Would LOVE to get more Balloon Battles, 6 player preferably, or 12 would be insane, going tonight. We got a pretty good bunch of people in our aussie group, so i see lots of good mario kart nights in the future, as well as the league of course.

@genX, right now man, i will put you down as one of the B-League players, which will be an 8 person league (including you, got 5 already). BUT, if one of the A-League players drops from the league in the coming weeks, you will take up their spot no worries. I might even need to extend B-League to 12/16 players closer to launch.

Brays right, talking on msn after we all got dced, and there was an earlier Grumble Volcano that Bray zoomed past me with a Mushroom and beat me by a second, but then, when the standings came up, i got the 15 points. I've seen this happen a few times online in a worldwide 12 player match, but thats understandable, 12 players from heaps of diff regions and i reckon the online code is time based.

So, for example, maybe every 5 seconds or so, it updates, so when i was nearly at the line, it might have updated that i wasnt gonna be caught, while Bray passed me just before the line, had the update happened just then, it would have counted it right. So that's my guess, every few seconds it updates whos in the lead and the path they are on, as both myself and Charelle have beaten people worldwide and seen the same thing happen, although, its not that often.

It could also be, slightest bit of lag, game wasn't in sync, but we didn't realize it.

The fixture is up for those who wanna look at it, i'll do the B-League fixture as soon as i got the league finalized. Ladder will go up tonight, and that topic will stay locked till the 28th, as we only want people reporting games and discuss said games in there.

After playing friends last night, we realized, the 3 games per round we play, will have to be by doing a GP against your opponent, you'll each HAVE to pick the 3 courses in order (both players pick one, it gets picked) and the fourth race, wont count to the league, so you can race whatever on that lol.

Finally, just gotta say, Nintendo really make it hard to set things up, although their MK friends room, is the best they've done, but thats not saying much lol. I do like that when setting a match up though, you have a choice of:

GP: Actual four race GP with points, much cooler than just continuously racing in worldwide or continental.
TEAM GP: This is sweet as, will do some of this tonight.
Balloon Battle: While all out free for all would be sweet, teams work damn well in this mode, great stuff indeed.
Coin Battle: Meh, hate this mode lol.

So yeh, friends matches, are much more in depth than worldwide or continental, which is good overall i reckon.

Elo

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
what i find totally unacceptably annoying is that not even in friends rooms can the creator select the rules like in the offline vs races.. like class/what to drive/items (id love to be able to turn em off for online..) etc..
ohwell
gonna do some more practicing today..actually i'll prolly switch char back to yoshi on mach bike..rosalina on bowser is AWESOME..when ure going for speed (time trials)..but notice that i do lack a slight touch of handling and acc. when items come into play..

vertabray

Trophies
Website
google.com
XP
Country
I agree Elo, more options are needs however the no items in online is flawed.

MK is based on items. If you had a race with no weapons and good racer got in the lead it would be near to impossible to catch them, this is where the items come into play. In order to implement no items I believe they would need to implement catch-up. If you got stuck in 2nd behind Armand with no items you may as well give up LOL!!
laugh.gif

Beatnik

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
vertabray said:
If you got stuck in 2nd behind Armand with no items you may as well give up LOL!!
laugh.gif

*Laughs* I completely agree. Mario Kart isn't Gran Turismo (a series I have absolutely no interest in, I might add). Strategy is predominantly derived from using the items to your advantage, however 'cheap' it may be at times.

Online play, particularly with only two players, is broken in my opinion. The person with the fastest cart wins, as second place is awarded no items to facilitate catching up. To add insult to injury, more often than not you're given the 'lightning cloud' time bomb, and without opponents to pass it onto... you're doomed. For this reason, I know I have absolutely no chance in the upcoming league but who cares. It's all a bit of fun, right?

PS - if anyone wants my MSN, PM me.

A

armand66

OP
I agree to an extent, i'd love to be able to have options for friends games to change speed, and so on and so forth.

But, yeh, no items online would suck, it would bring the game down to a level of time trial players only, which would be useless and there'd be no point in playing it.

So yeh, i like having items, but, i would like to be able to have some customization like you have in SSBB so that you can say, oh, i dunno, TAKE OUT FREAKIN BLUE SHELLS.

I am fine with lightning, POWs, reds, bullet bill (except on luigis circuit, what a joke, ugh) but Blue Shells are ruined in this game. Have been since the N64. I don't see how they can justify, the Blue shell skipping everyone else, and only hitting first, when the player who shoots it is usually so far back that they got no hope of winning anyways lol.

I just came second in a worldwide, 12 players, i was coming first all game, 3 Blue shells on the last lap, the final one, hit me a metre from the line, Beatnik went past me to win, with me to limp across lol.

3 Blue shells, come on, the pack of scrubs were so far back from me and beatnik that i could have sat there 15 more seconds and still come second, all those blues did was award Beatnik the win.

The game before this, same thing happened (LUIGIS CIRCUIT is horrible with 12), Beatnik was right up there, then everyone got bullets, lightning, reds, blues and he got caned on the last corner, and dropped to 4th, and lost 58 points for it, i lost 25 points for 3rd. Even though i couldn't communicate with Beat, i knew as soon as Luigis got picked, us both sighing with a "we're fucked on this track" lol.

The game is based on items, and luck, but sometimes, it goes too far. The best matches i had, were the 4-6 player GPs we had last night in friends.

EDIT: On the note of 1v1 Beatnik, its actually a lot more balanced than the 8-12 player races, which are horrific. I've raced time trial players, who are well above my level (practically everyone lol) and i've gotten reds, and blues in second place, evening out their speed and allowing me some wins. Sometimes you get unlucky with the cloud, but its less common, and the pressure of items can stuff up time trial players, so in the end, 1v1 works for the most part.

A time trial expert vs someone fairly average at MK, well, items or not, thats not gonna help the average player lol.

vertabray

Trophies
Website
google.com
XP
Country
Beatnik said:
The person with the fastest cart wins, as second place is awarded no items to facilitate catching up.

This is a good point. Do we want to choose a default Kart/Bike for the League as I know not all of us have the phantom LOL!? What are all ur thoughts?

Beatnik

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
armand66 said:
Even though i couldn't communicate with Beat, i knew as soon as Luigis got picked, us both sighing with a "we're fucked on this track" lol.

So true. They keep picking Luigi's Circuit over and over again. I've been known to utter obscenities on the track selection screen
shy.gif

As for 1v1, I'll take your word for it as I've only played three races of that type. Two of those times, I received the cloud four times in a row. I can only speak from personal experience.

A

armand66

OP
The person with the fastest kart doesn't always win lmfao, usually the difference in speed is similiar, but if you fall behind your usually awarded decent items to make up for it 1v1. The best large karts also have great speed, but they lose things like, acceleration (major issue if, i dunno, you get hit by a blue or red lol) and turning, and off road.

I think most of the karts are pretty balanced, the reason i initially wanted to start the league, 2 weeks from now, is so everyone has time to learn the tracks, unlock the karts and characters, and then play based on their play style.

Also, i don't wanna restrict people to only one kart or bike, some are really good with the bowser bike, others are good with the smaller kart, others are good with one of the top speed mediums.

vertabray

Trophies
Website
google.com
XP
Country
armand66 said:
The person with the fastest kart doesn't always win lmfao, usually the difference in speed is similiar, but if you fall behind your usually awarded decent items to make up for it 1v1. The best large karts also have great speed, but they lose things like, acceleration (major issue if, i dunno, you get hit by a blue or red lol) and turning, and off road.

I think most of the karts are pretty balanced, the reason i initially wanted to start the league, 2 weeks from now, is so everyone has time to learn the tracks, unlock the karts and characters, and then play based on their play style.

Also, i don't wanna restrict people to only one kart or bike, some are really good with the bowser bike, others are good with the smaller kart, others are good with one of the top speed mediums.

Yeah all good points. The kart overall have pro's and con's making them even.

O man speaking on the clouds!!!!
hate2.gif
Last night I was racing Armand and got the cloud 4 times in a row. I was to far behind to catch him so each time I got further and futher back. HATE CLOUDS!!
hate2.gif
hate2.gif
hate2.gif
biggrin.gif

pitoui

Trophies
XP
Country
Arghh, I was on the phone with netgear for over an hour today and all they can come up with is... update your firmware. So pissed off as I'd rather be playing than typing this lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Is it safe to update a modded ps3? Can I play online in pirated games? (with ps3hen either...