Hacking Aurora Bad string error help

Carnov

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Back when I installed Aurora, the app runs without a hitch. It opens my files fine, it downloads updates well, and etc.. I even set it as my default dash via dash launcher. Some time later however, things starts to get heated. I sometimes get this bad string error but I can avoid it if I force open to the degault Xbox dash, open Xex, and run Aurora from there.
These days however, it will always gives me bad string error no matter what. Reinstalling is fine and all but the moment I turn off the console, that problem emerges again and I don't think reinstalling it again would do any good. Currently using freestyle but I prefer going back to Aurora if possible.

Has anyone else faced this problem before and did you managed to fix it? Been using 0.7b.1 version for Aurora.

Carnov

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Where did you copy the Aurora files?
Double check dashlaunch, perhaps there's something interfering with the Aurora executable path?
I just copy Aurora to HDD1.
Aurora.jpg

As for dash launch, what exactly do you mean by the interference or rather, what particular option should I check? Far as I'm concerned, all I did was to set Aurora's xex as default back then and Xex to my X button (I use freestyle as default for now). I did touch something like liveblock but I don't think that does anything with Aurora.
Dash.jpg

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Hmm, otherwise reinstall Aurora, boot into it from FSD's filemanager and let it initialize.
After that I'd suggest setting dashlaunch to load from Aurora.

Another thing you could try is dedicate a small USB thumbdrive for Aurora.

Carnov

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Hmm, otherwise reinstall Aurora, boot into it from FSD's filemanager and let it initialize.

Sure, I'll try doing that. I'll stick with the same version of Aurora. Also, how do you set dashlaunch to load from Aurora?

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I barely used Aurora ever but I think it's got a build in filemanager you could use.
I believe it also has a separate homebrew category where you could list the Dashlaunch launcher, much like FSD but more modern.

Carnov

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
When I restarted my system with Freestyle being the default, the system will pop up the bad string error when I boot the system or access freestyle via the home button on the controller. If I access it through Xex though the program runs with no problem.
I'm starting to think that this is a dashlaunch problem. Will reinstall it and see if it changes anything

*EDIT* My bad, dashlaunch setted Aurora by default and not freestyle. It's not dashlaunch's fault

Last edited by Carnov,

Carnov

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines

So I did those (minus the USB part) and for some reason, it finally work. Forever hopefully. Thanks for the help

Reactions: DinohScene

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    NinStar @ NinStar: :whip: