Hacking AuReiNAND + Menuhax + Lesshax = 99.99% boot rate

jimmyleen

Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah, Lesshax was made to boot directly into the CFW. For example, using the boot.3dsx file from the menuhax folder in the AuReiNAND zip. Rename that to less.3dsx. You'll probably get better results.

You don't happen to know how to do the same with reinand by any chance.

wurstpistole

GBAtemp MVP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
This is hard to recommend to my nooby friends, because AuRei/Rei is not region free. They install just about any region game and it would be annoying to not have their games show up until they use RegionFree Patcher each time. With rxTools, it's very noob friendly, being the only CFW with built in region free.

But other than that, lesshax is something I have them use. Lately I've been getting good boot rate with hax 2.6 much like lesshax though.
You seem to have missed on the new permanent emunand region free patch.l that was released about a week ago. Install a patched cia and done, no more freemultipatcher or ntr needed. With that you can finally drop rxtools for good as gba VC and ds cards also work with reinand while they don't on rxtools.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

You don't happen to know how to do the same with reinand by any chance.
Just take ANY 3dsx you want and rename it to less.3dsx, reinand also has a 3dsx to boot. Still it makes way more sense to use ctrbootmanager, even with autoboot. That way you still have the option to boot other stuff without needing to shove around 3dsx or using homebrew launcher.

Still, this tutorial doesn't make that much sense. Why use a 2.1 lesshax payload when you can have a more stable 2.7 payload? Lesshax is outdated. It was fun while it lasted but it doesn't increase boot rate or whatever.

Reactions: MattKimura

Hayleia

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Or you know, you could install Arm9LoaderHax and enjoy that nice fast 10 second or less 100% boot rate. :P
I hate this website...... :'(
Don't let fanboys, trolls and kids (yes this forum is full of childs) stop you helping others. Do like me, fullfill your ignore list, you will live better.
Well, there are people you can ignore without losing anything, but if you put Apache Thunder on your ignore list, you fail life.

night_hawk

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Well, there are people you can ignore without losing anything, but if you put Apache Thunder on your ignore list, you fail life.
I don't have him in my ignore list. Never used anything made by him, so...
Anyway even if on ignore, you can always see the title of the thread and if it's something interesting you can simply push the show comment button.

kamesenin888

Trophies
XP
Country
You seem to have missed on the new permanent emunand region free patch.l that was released about a week ago. Install a patched cia and done, no more freemultipatcher or ntr needed. With that you can finally drop rxtools for good as gba VC and ds cards also work with reinand while they don't on rxtools.

Just take ANY 3dsx you want and rename it to less.3dsx, reinand also has a 3dsx to boot. Still it makes way more sense to use ctrbootmanager, even with autoboot. That way you still have the option to boot other stuff without needing to shove around 3dsx or using homebrew launcher.

Still, this tutorial doesn't make that much sense. Why use a 2.1 lesshax payload when you can have a more stable 2.7 payload? Lesshax is outdated. It was fun while it lasted but it doesn't increase boot rate or whatever.
What permanent patch?

gameking66

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
While I'm glad Lesshax is working for some people, there have been reports that 2.6 works as well as lesshax if not better. Please use that.

Also, the compile that's been going around on mega is an older one. The newer one should decrease boot times *slightly*, but not by any significant margin. It also fixes some bugs. I can't vouch for the compile that's been circulating.

I suggest using ihaveamac's 2.7 compiles - which is 2.7 without debug info. If you're having issues with 2.7, use the official 2.6 for now.

lesshax is basically dead and has less features compared to 2.6+. It was a decent substitute for 2.5 but it's no longer relevant. I've asked mods to close the lesshax thread but none responded...

I can't personally vouch for the 2.7 issues or 2.6 success because a9lh master race, buuuut from anecdotal reports, the rundown is as follows:

tl;dr

ihaveamac-hax 2.6 = best "clean" option with least issues, but no longer being provided
hax 2.6 = best option if you don't care about debug screen
ihaveamac-hax 2.7 = best option if you don't run into issues with it
less-hax 2.x = best option if you don't care about new features but want clean boot

Last edited by gameking66,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty
    what are you looking at?
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
  • K3Nv2
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BakerMan, it wasnt aimed at you but ok