Hso

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
hey everyone
smile.gif

Does anyone know if there's a homebrew(or commercial) app for DS that can stream audio from a networked computer?
There's a few podcasts that i listen to but never have enough room to fit them on my flashcart, and i so hate having to remove stuff just to listen to something..
Being able to stream from my PC would be great, but i don't know of any apps that do it.. i've never come across such a feature in moonshell or DSo's media player, i remember using a homebrew app that streamed radio.. maybe someone's got that working local storage?

Thanks very much
smile.gif

DanTheManMS

aka Ricochet Otter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SylphAmp is a Winamp plugin that streams whatever it plays to your DS as long as both your computer and DS are on the same network, but it hasn't been updated in ages so if you've got a newer DS Lite it likely won't work due to outdated wifi code. Still worth a shot though (try v0.3 if you can't get v0.4 to work, as that's what I had to do).

Hso

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
hey

thanks for the suggestion, though i don't actually use winamp, i use Foobar, any idea if there's a similar addon that would work with SylphAmp?

DanTheManMS

aka Ricochet Otter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not that I'm aware of, sorry.

If you setup your own Internet radio stream somehow you could use DSOrganize (or even DSLinux with the right commands and slot-2 RAM) to stream it to your DS, but you wouldn't get any control over the media player that way.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Bruh