ATTN: Anti-hackers

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Xuphor, Sep 2, 2011.

Sep 2, 2011

ATTN: Anti-hackers by Xuphor at 10:05 PM (6,842 Views / 0 Likes) 95 replies

1. Xuphor
    OP

Banned Xuphor I have lied to all of you. I am deeply sorry.

United States
    You're too late, this is just one of Ubisoft's shovelware lineup:
    http://ds.ign.com/objects/114/114582.html

I keep seeing tons of posts from anti-hackers saying they don't want shovelware on 3DS already, but you're too late, Ubisoft has that Puppies 3D and TONS more crap shovelware announced (including "Imagine Babies 3D" and "Imagine Horse Rider 3D"), while they CANCELLED Assassin's Creed 3DS.
    So, Anti-hackers, please come up with a better argument, the idea of not wanting 3DS hacked due to shovelware has passed.

EDIT: It's not just Ubisoft people.
    http://www.gamespot.com/3ds/puzzle/petzombiesin3d/index.html
    ^ That game is no doubt clearly shovelware, but has nothing to do with Ubisoft.
    Changed personuser's link to a website with a more accurate release date.

2. Sonic4Ever

Member Sonic4Ever GBAtemp Regular

France
    Warning: Spoilers inside!

3. CrispyYoshi

Member CrispyYoshi GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    Warning: Spoilers inside!

4. Xuphor
    OP

United States
    Then DON'T POST.

This is by a long shot the most commonly used anti-hacking claim. If you have a better one, then say it.

5. zanfire

Member zanfire GBAtemp Regular

United States
    im guessing you have seen my post on the thread about waninkoko, so you know my stance...that most people here who say that are trying to act high and mighty and will do it anyway....an that shovelware is there because of nintendos new sucker crowd they got from wii.

6. Xuphor
    OP

United States
    No, I didn't. This actually came from what "bowser" posted in that thread, saying he doesn't want "Ponies 3D" yet.
    I agree with you though, most people who say they are anti-hacking do it themselves. Not every one of them, but yea, most.

Still, If they can come up with a new reason that actually works for not hacking the 3DS, I'll back off them. I'm just getting so sick of seeing this invalid argument over and over in various threads.

7. darkreaperofdrea

Member darkreaperofdrea GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Mexico
    still,that's no reason for a console to be hacked,you just mentioned ubisoft,but i'm sure not only ubisoft makes games for the 3DS,there are more 3rd parties,and as you may know,not all of them make shovelware

8. ferret7463

Member ferret7463 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    i agree with you. i hate seeing, on the Hack section, all of these so called "Holier Than Thou" jerks trying to make them selves look better. I Love Emulators and homebrew. Also if i can get current games for the system.... I say "why not". These people have already lost the "If it's hacked the system won't sell" argument as well. We are a very small group in the Nintendo sales most people i talk to, have no idea what a R4 is or what it is used for.

9. dickfour

Banned dickfour Banned

United States
    I've never seen Nintendo turn down licensing for any game no matter how bad so blaming hacking on shovelware is just plain dumb

10. DiscostewSM

Member DiscostewSM GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    You do understand that Assassin's Creed 3DS was cancelled because it became merged with Revelations and not because they wanted to replace it with shovelware, right?

11. machomuu

Member machomuu Drops by occasionally

United States
    That's not holier than thou. "Holier than thou" is claiming or implying one is better than another.

12. KingVamp

Member KingVamp Great... AETHER!

United States
    TBH, only seen Ubisoft producing shovelware in the 3DS line up.

Anyway,yes there are shovelwares, but don't you think a hack at this point may possibly
    add more?

13. Xuphor
    OP

United States
    No, I don't. I think there'll be TONS of parents that think "OOOOO SSOOOO CCCUUUTTEEE!!!!" when they see Puppies 3D box in a store, and buy it either for themself or more likely their kid/grandkid. That will drive up the sales, that will cause more shovelware from various companies to be made because they'll see that this dreck is actually selling more than say, Dream Trigger, which while not a great game, at least wasn't shovelware.

So I think that more shovelware will come to the 3DS after oblivious parents/young kids buy these games in masses, raising their sales.

14. machomuu

United States
    Exactly, now going with that logic, let's say that flashcarts are released that can play 3DS games. Normal people won't usually know about them and will go about their business, this especially includes little kids and casual gamers, the target crowd of shovelware. Then we get these flashcarts and pirate the games, we being the gamer who knows about flashcarts, not nearly as large as the casual/non gaming crowd but still large enough to make an impact. We pirate the quality games, and it discourages quality devs from developing on the systems, however the shovelware market will keep on thriving as for the most part they are unaffected and they still get around the same amount of sales from the casual/non gaming market.

15. Rydian

Member Rydian Resident Furvertâ„¢

Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
    United States
    This is ubisoft we're talking about.

They're fucking retarded anyways.

16. Xuphor
    OP

United States
    K, so following that logic, you think the "Little kids and casual gamers" don't want quality games like Mario 3d Land, Paper Mario, Mario Kart 7, etc? Every 6 year old and casual gamer I've ever seen would MUCH rather play "New Super Mario Bros" over "Petz Catz Playground". Shovelware may sell more than a crappy game developed by a "quality" studio (Dream Trigger), but quality games from quality studios (New Super Mario Bros, Super Mario 3D Land) will STILL sell more than shovelware to "little kids and casual gamers". Shovelware's target audience is NOT "little kids and casual gamers". Shovelware's target audience is parents/non gamers that simply don't know if Puppies 3D or Mario Kart 7 will be better. Those kinds of people will always exist, and that will always drive the shovelware sales.

EDIT: Numerous typos, fixed incorrect name of a game.

17. Slyakin

Member Slyakin See ya suckers

United States
    Ubisoft = retarded.

Nintendo = magnet for shovelware.

Pirating = not gonna make a FUCKING DIFFERENCE about the amount of shovelware.

18. Xuphor
    OP

United States
    Exactly the point I'm making. I think I summed the reason up well at the top of this page.

19. machomuu

United States
    I never said that or even implied it. Casual/Non gamers will buy quality games, but they are also VERY prone to buying shovelware, and in most cases they do, hence why it really wouldn't matter.

EDIT:And of course there will still be shovelware, I'm saying there'd be less quality games.

20. Rydian

Member Rydian Resident Furvertâ„¢

Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
    United States