Hacking Atmosphere-NX - Custom Firmware in development by SciresM

Giga_Gaia

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I hope it isn't that short. I wanna purchase it day one, but I'm definitely not going to spend 60 bucks on a 3 hour game, I don't care how innovative it is.

Well, Kirby Triple Star Deluxe and Kirby Planet Robobot took me like 5-6 hours to finish story mode and maybe like 10 hours to beat the game 100%. Games in Canada on PS4, Xbox One and Switch are $79.99, so anything less than 20-30 hours for me is definitely not something I'd pay full price for. Considering Star Allies definitely ressembles Triple Star Deluxe and Planet Robobot, the playtime will be around the same.

There is also the fact I have Burnout Paradise Remaster, Ni No Kuni 2, Far Cry 5 and God of War 4 in the next few months to keep me busy, along with games like Monster Hunter World that I still play and Digimon Story Cyber Sleuth Hacked Memories and Assassin's Creed Origins I still haven't fully finished.

Last edited by Giga_Gaia,

lordelan

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
>Mii data stuff
Miis are only corrupted by pwning SDB. None of the exploits I use to pwn TrustZone need to pwn SDB. So shouldn't affect mii data, but no promises.

Sounds fantastic! I'll gladly wait for your CFW then, no matter how long it takes. It may sound childish but having all Miis deleted pretends me from using any homebrew on my 3.0.0 system right now. :)

>Allow us to use USB drives for homebrew.
In theory, if someone wants to put in the work to implement USB drive support, this could eventually be possible. I have no plans at the moment to try to do so, though, since there are more important features for me to work on, and because the Switch is a portable console which makes USB drives inconvenient except when perma-docked.
I don't consider this "high prio" either but it would be fantastic for RetroArch later on. Obviously I won't launch RetroArch in handheld mode then but only when I'm docked.

Thanks for your replies and your work, man.

steven89

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
just a simple conversion cable usb c type on one end and female usb on the other end add in a driver mass storage should work as pretty good solution for storage issues later on in the consoles life

Uumas

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
works fine?
Doesn't work for me:
d30a3a778812e7e825dee12ca71de41c.jpg

steven89

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
haha im not that talented, or even dev for that matter, ive just seen this approach applied before hand on other projects, oh well, im sure features like that will come once the cfw is fully fleshed out these sort of things dont just pop up over night they take time to develop as stated this not top of the list on the devs todo list

ploggy

WAKA! WAKA!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

HexZyle

Pretty Petty Pedant
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Honestly, I'm not sure what you would describe a professional programmer as if the description does not fit someone who can code/program an entire customized operating system for a device that, not a year ago, was completely unknown for the most part.

If you're taking "professional" to mean someone who is paid for their services, then I suppose in this context, you're right. But half of us probably don't know the difference between == and =, no offense to anyone reading this if you don't.

In programming, professionalism is not correlated closely with experience and skill.
Programming has such a high skill cap, so many techniques, such an open-ended creativity tool, and so much completely hand made and unique parts, that making perfect work is practically impossible, but cobbled together code is usually sufficient to please the bosses, and will normally hold up fine under normal use. This isn't rubber or aggregate grading where if you fuck up, many people could get seriously injured due to road accidents on poor surfaces. Programming is about building something that functions. However, when your work is being scrutinized down to the molecular level like in cyber security, obviously faults and oversights and general imperfections will come up aplenty with hundreds of people examining your work with a magnifying glass

Last edited by HexZyle,

leonmagnus99

Trophies
XP
Country
Iraq
because the Switch is a portable console which makes USB drives inconvenient except when perma-docked.

so a big mSD is beneficial to own in the long run correct? i own a 200gb
we could for instance have the things we want more for handheld (and well favorites) onto the mSD and if hdd support will be a thing eventually we could just push whatever else in it.

i hope it works that way then, would be very cool.
so that alot of the 128gb mSD owners and well even 200gb owners wont run out of space.

some may say there are not that many switch games, but well emu games (ngc etc.) will take up alot of space too.

Reactions: lordelan

sarkwalvein

There's hope for a Xenosaga port.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
so a big mSD is beneficial to own in the long run correct? i own a 200gb
we could for instance have the things we want more for handheld (and well favorites) onto the mSD and if hdd support will be a thing eventually we could just push whatever else in it.

i hope it works that way then, would be very cool.
so that alot of the 128gb mSD owners and well even 200gb owners wont run out of space.

some may say there are not that many switch games, but well emu games (ngc etc.) will take up alot of space too.
TBH I own a 64Gb mSD and I am still good... actually, I have DECIDED that I am and WILL be good until 200GB mSD get in 30€ range (and I hope it happens soon).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    bassviolet @ bassviolet: uwu