Hacking Atmosphere-NX - Custom Firmware in development by SciresM

Risingdawn

Tempallica
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
every one talking negative about the atmosphere developers, if it weren't for them there wouldn't be ANY custom firmwares for the switch.
What a load of rubbish, CFW was inevitable after the exploit became popular knowledge, and at least 3 groups were sitting on that. True it might have meant TX had to eat into their profit margins a bit and pay some developers but they were always going to be cashing in somehow.

Nothing that Re:Switched have produced has been beyond other developers in the scene, apart from maybe a load of trans drama back stabbing.

Reactions: Albytrozz

realjumy

Woooosh!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
What a load of rubbish, CFW was inevitable after the exploit became popular knowledge, and at least 3 groups were sitting on that. True it might have meant TX had to eat into their profit margins a bit and pay some developers but they were always going to be cashing in somehow.

Nothing that Re:Switched have produced has been beyond other developers in the scene, apart from maybe a load of trans drama back stabbing.
Well, the fact is that everybody is using (with or without crediting it) the tools that ReSwitched are developing. Without them probably there would be alternatives, but the scene wouldn't be where it is at the moment.

Last edited by realjumy,

Albytrozz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are you trying to reference this to atmosphere when you actually don’t pay for it?

Sorry, bad analogy.

But by not paying for it I can't simply point out that they haven't released anything in 8 months but still find the time to accuse others of stealing, when TX are actually releasing and supporting working software? Free vaporware isn't much of a deal...

Last edited by Albytrozz,

Resaec

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Sorry, bad analogy.

But by not paying for it I can't simply point out that they haven't released anything in 8 months but still find the time to accuse others of stealing, when TX are actually releasing and supporting working software? Free vaporware isn't much of a deal...
You seem to be of a generation unable to use even the simplest logic and services available on the internet. Look up Wikipedia and try a search for "vaporware" and "licensing". Maybe after that you are able to talk about such things intelligently?
I'm pretty sure I saw someone else already telling you how vaporware works, but I guess you need a little bit more time to understand "hard" things. Thats not a bad thing, but you have to take you time before you start posting stuf. Especialy if you have no clue about it or you are driven by emotion to do so.
Sure everyone makes mistakes. And thank god humans are able to learn from those. But you need to work on that. Fast. Because you post some hilarious stupid things.

Try your best! It is never to late.

Albytrozz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Because you post some hilarious stupid things.

Try your best! It is never to late.

I know, and it's really not intentional... that would be foolish to troll on a forum...

Feel free to ignore my trying to help someone with their payload injector this morning though... that was hilariously stupid too.

Last edited by Albytrozz,

lawrence7

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I have Nintendo Switch on 4.1.0 firmware. I bought Samsung EVO 128GB SDXC card (exfat). When I inject payloader Atmosphere it shows me black menu. I can choose the option 'Launch CFW'. However, when I click on it, the screen blinks and the original Nintendo firmware is loading instead of custom firmware.

What might be the reason of it? Is it the SDXC card? I know that Switch 4.1.0 does not accept sdxc (exfat) but I thought that CFW from Atmosphere should work.

If the card is to blame - what would be the solution? Should I update my firmware to 6.0.0 firstly and then inject the payloader with SDXC card? I do not want to make a mistake by updating firmware and then loosing the option to come back to older firmware. Thank you for your help and understanding.

Last edited by lawrence7,

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have Nintendo Switch on 4.1.0 firmware. I bought Samsung EVO 128GB SDXC card (exfat). When I inject payloader Atmosphere it shows me black menu. I can choose the option 'Launch CFW'. However, when I click on it, the screen blinks and the original Nintendo firmware is loading instead of custom firmware.

What might be the reason of it? Is it the SDXC card? I know that Switch 4.1.0 does not accept sdxc (exfat) but I thought that CFW from Atmosphere should work.

If the card is to blame - what would be the solution? Should I update my firmware to 6.0.0 firstly and then to start with payloader and this sdxc card ? I do not want to make a mistake by updating firmware and then loosing the option to come back to older firmware. Thank you for your help and understanding.
You can either download the exFAT update from Nintendo by going to the latest firmware which is currently 6.0 or formatting the SD card to FAT32 and installing the exFAT update offline with a tool such as ChoiDujourNX.

Reactions: Zulnoth

lawrence7

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
You can either download the exFAT update from Nintendo by going to the latest firmware which is currently 6.0 or formatting the SD card to FAT32 and installing the exFAT update offline with a tool such as ChoiDujourNX.
I think that updating to 6.0 would be far easier for a beginner like me. Will I loose anything by updating to 6.0.0 or everything is already hacked and it makes no difference whether I have 4.1.0 or 6.0. ?

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think that updating to 6.0 would be far easier for a beginner like me. Will I loose anything by updating to 6.0.0 or everything is already hacked and it makes no difference whether I have 4.1.0 or 6.0. ?
You will burn fuses if you update to 6.0 meaning you will be unable to use the future exploit known as Deja Vu which doesn't involve the need for a jig and USB cable to load hacks/CFW/homebrew. However there is no estimated release window for this exploit.

Reactions: fr33x74

lawrence7

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
You will burn fuses if you update to 6.0 meaning you will be unable to use the future exploit known as Deja Vu which doesn't involve the need for a jig and USB cable to load hacks/CFW/homebrew. However there is no estimated release window for this exploit.
What is right now the easiest way to install exFAT update offline? I tried to do it this way shown on the video () but in the 4:45 minute it requires to download XCI game compatible with 4.1.0 and I was afraid that I brick my Switch and resigned. Is there any easier way than this one?

Resaec

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
It would be even faster to download guiformat, format your SD to fat32 and push all the files on there again.
Now you can boot CFW form it.
If you still want files bigger than 4GB you can now install the exfat update using choidujour.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What is right now the easiest way to install exFAT update offline? I tried to do it this way shown on the video () but in the 4:45 minute it requires to download XCI game compatible with 4.1.0 and I was afraid that I brick my Switch and resigned. Is there any easier way than this one?
ChoiDujourNX is the easiest way to get the exFAT update offline. You can also use xbins to download the required firmware 4.1 files. Its an FTP site so they are not directly hosted. If you don't know how to use FTP and disable your antivirus, you can use autoxbins to download it for you which I have attached.

Attachments

• xbins.zip
    991.2 KB · Views: 118

Reaga

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Highest FW for that? I'm on 5.x

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: @K3Nv2 you have a series S don't you? Any complaints or issues?