Hacking Atmosphere-NX - Custom Firmware in development by SciresM

D34DL1N3R

Nephilim
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Testing the acc
my 3ds not banned and i cheated in games onine i would not do that on the switch but i don't think they will ban you just for cfw theres no way they can tell unless you install homebrew on the homemenu

I was specifically referring to the Switch. I don't believe they can't tell. Once N starts the pay for online & people are able to go online with a modded switch... the bans will come.

Deathscreton

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I love watching open source programs come together. Literally seeing code being piled into files and watching the project grow is stupidly interesting. I don't understand but a lick of it, but it's fun nonetheless, and for those who do understand or have the capacity to learn it, it's very much a learning tool.

Reactions: theMille

ArcLP

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wait so, if we get cfw, and use wifi/go online, we'll get banned? Or does that only apply to if someone pirates a game on the switch?

I was waiting for cfw and some homebrew to get like youtube on my switch or netflix (maybe even hulu don't judge pls) and if they'll switch ban for that, which.. idk what that would even mean, I'm not really up for cfw now lol.

anyone wish to explain it? I'm really tired so I'm not really at full capacity thinking wise.

yardie

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wait so, if we get cfw, and use wifi/go online, we'll get banned? Or does that only apply to if someone pirates a game on the switch?

I was waiting for cfw and some homebrew to get like youtube on my switch or netflix (maybe even hulu don't judge pls) and if they'll switch ban for that, which.. idk what that would even mean, I'm not really up for cfw now lol.

anyone wish to explain it? I'm really tired so I'm not really at full capacity thinking wise.
No one knows
There's always a chance of getting banned

innercy

Trophies
XP
Country
Atmosphere will *eventually* be launchable from all versions 1.0.0-4.1.0.

However, 1.0.0 will be able to use it first via jamais vu.

Some time later (probably at least a few months, I give no ETA on Atmosphere) it will be usable via deja vu on 2.0.0-3.0.0.

Then some unknown time later than that, it will be usable on 3.0.1-4.1.0.

hi SciresM, I'm currently on 1.0.0 with puyo puyo tetris (J) in hand. May i know the boot method of CFW?. is it permanent or temporary (which i need to activate after reboot)?. thanks for your hard work.

TheCyberQuake

Certified Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

We don't really know yet. I would say it likely would be pretty safe if you are not installing homebrew directly to the home menu, don't pirate and don't cheat online. But there can't be guarantees. I was never banned on 3ds even though I installed homebrew cias.

The9thBit

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That was quick.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

You mean Linux, right?

Windows is starting to more fully support ARM-based desktop systems, even going so far as to provide 32-bit x86 emulation for apps. I don't think it's unreasonable to imagine that this could run on the Switch's Tegra processor.

I still don't think we'll see it nearly as soon as Linux (if at all), but it's at least doable in theory.

Reactions: SirNapkin1334

SoslanVanWieren

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Testing the acc

I was specifically referring to the Switch. I don't believe they can't tell. Once N starts the pay for online & people are able to go online with a modded switch... the bans will come.
Scires m can add some thing to the cfw so it can't be detected nintedo can't tell if your systems modded if they can't get certain information from it.

Daeken

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I doubt it. I've never seen them ask for donations
Crazy. They'd get so much support

We have accepted donations in the past, but only for very specific things. Donations can rapidly produce obligation, and no one in ReSwitched wants that, so we've kept it to the absolute bare minimum.

porto

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
We have accepted donations in the past, but only for very specific things. Donations can rapidly produce obligation, and no one in ReSwitched wants that, so we've kept it to the absolute bare minimum.

Hi Daeken,

I totally agree to make a donation, any work deserves to be paid.:D
If you need to let it know ...:wink:

lordelan

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
@SciresM two questions:
  1. Will this corrupt and delete all Miis as well or does it use another entry point / exploit?
  2. Will this allow us to use USB drives for homebrew?

Deathscreton

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@SciresM

/* Package2 size, version number is stored XORed in header CTR. */
/* Nintendo, what the fuck? */

I loled. I don't know what he's talking about, but it must have been the blunder for him to be that exasperated about it. Can we get a little context?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Badcatalex @ Badcatalex:
    sony should #stopkillinggames
  • Badcatalex @ Badcatalex:
    they killed LittleBigPlanet online, which was the main core of every LBP game
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    for real
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    at least with them, it was because of the DDOS attacks, ubisoft was just scummy
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    fuck ubisoft, and fuck activision
    +1
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    Nintendo needs to release a new console, switch is getting such shitty little games lately lol it's pathetic
  • Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart:
    Lmao a new flashcart... The Unlock Switch... I knew it's not fake xD
    +1
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    A new consoles won't solve that problem
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    It will actually make it worse
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    well actually
    a new console won't do anything right now, because the games are still in development, that's why there are few games being released
    it won't make the games finish any faster
  • Veho @ Veho:
    2/3rds of launch titles for the Switch 2 will just be lazy ports of Switch games anyway.
    probably
    maybe mario kart 9 will be a launch title
    i really want a new mario kart
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What, you mean the endless stream of DLCs doesn't count?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Why develop a new game when you can just sell season passes forever?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I'm still on MKDS so I'm not bothered :tpi:
    i like the dlc tbh, i'd like a new game more
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    but the current version is still selling fine at full price
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Hello
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    sup
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @realtimesave, You seen the Unlock Switch flashcart yet?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'll see the 19.0 update that blocks use ability to it
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lol newegg+
    Screenshot-20240423-053504-Gmail.jpg
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol newegg+