Hacking Atmosphere locked at startup after updating

sisi1996

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Bulgaria
Last night I tried updating Atmosphere and Hekate, using Athmosphere-Updater by TotalJustice. I didn't know if ignoring .ini files was any good so I ignored them. Everything was fine and I exited to the home menu and rebooted. Then it just locked after the Kosmos splash screen. Is there a solution for this? I'm using emuMMC at 10.0.4 and sysNAND at latest.

PS:Yes, I know that this the Athmosphere-Updater is outdated. Once my Switch is alright I'm going to switch to the AIO Switch Updater.

Last edited by sisi1996,

sisi1996

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Bulgaria
For now I've tried to open it with HacDiskMount to take out my saves because this is the second time this year I have to wipe the partition and reinstall the emuMMC. So my question is: How can I get my saves out of the Switch without the console?

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you're using an emuMMC, do the following:
  1. Make sure the SD card is FAT32.
  2. Remove all CFW files/folders from your SD card (that would be folders like /sept/ and /atmosphere/)
  3. Download the latest Atmosphere
  4. Download the latest fusee-primary (next to Atmosphere)
  5. Download these signature patches (make sure they're for the version of Atmosphere you downloaded)
  6. Put Atmosphere and the signature patches onto your SD card
  7. Set "emummc!enabled = 1" in emummc/emummc.ini
  8. Download the 10.2.0 update and put the 10.2.0 update folder onto the root of your SD card
  9. Put the SD into your Switch
  10. Enter RCM
  11. Launch Atmosphere using fusee-primary
  12. Check that you've booted into your emuMMC
  13. If you're in your emuMMC, open the Homebrew Launcher, preferably using title override (R on a game instead of using the photo album)
  14. Boot Daybreak
  15. Select the 10.2.0 update. Choose the 10.2.0 exFAT option, even though you're using FAT32.
You should also make periodic backups of all your save files using JKSV.

Last edited by Lacius,

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You should make periodic backups of all your save files using JKSV so you don't ever have to worry about your save files being preserved.

Also, is there a reason you are using an emuMMC?

sisi1996

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Bulgaria
i wasn't answering your question just helping you out with those sweet patches, is your emunans partition or file based?
I know that. Thanks for the help. emuMMC is partition based.

You should make periodic backups of all your save files using JKSV so you don't ever have to worry about your save files being preserved.

Also, is there a reason you are using an emuMMC?
Piracy.

Also, before this, I've booted Atmosphere from fusee_primary and the games would come out as corrupted and some check needed to be made. Will that happen now that everything was installed on Kosmos?

sudeki300

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

Piracy.

Also, before this, I've booted Atmosphere from fusee_primary and the games would come out as corrupted and some check needed to be made. Will that happen now that everything was installed on Kosmos?
as long as you dont format you card which Lacius guide doesn't tell you to do your saves will be fine

sisi1996

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Bulgaria
If you're using an emuMMC, do the following:
  1. Make sure the SD card is FAT32.
  2. Remove all CFW files/folders from your SD card (that would be folders like /sept/ and /atmosphere/)
  3. Download the latest Atmosphere
  4. Download the latest fusee-primary (next to Atmosphere)
  5. Download these signature patches (make sure they're for the version of Atmosphere you downloaded)
  6. Put Atmosphere and the signature patches onto your SD card
  7. Set "emummc!enabled = 1" in emummc/emummc.ini
  8. Download the 10.2.0 update and put the 10.2.0 update folder onto the root of your SD card
  9. Put the SD into your Switch
  10. Enter RCM
  11. Launch Atmosphere using fusee-primary
  12. Check that you've booted into your emuMMC
  13. If you're in your emuMMC, open the Homebrew Launcher, preferably using title override (R on a game instead of using the photo album)
  14. Boot Daybreak
  15. Select the 10.2.0 update. Choose the 10.2.0 exFAT option, even though you're using FAT32.
You should also make periodic backups of all your save files using JKSV.
What do I do with the old files? Also, which files count as "CFW"? Can I update hekate together with atmosphere?

Last edited by sisi1996,

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What do I do with the old files? Also, which files count as "CFW"? Can I update hekate together with atmosphere?
My troubleshooting steps remove Hekate as a variable. You won't be using it. You can go back to using it after we've narrowed down the problem, although Hekate is not recommended as a bootloader unless you have AutoRCM installed and you periodically switch between sysMMC and emuMMC.

I listed the things that should definitely be deleted. Anything else can stay, although you should overwrite anything that asks to be overwritten.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

as long as you dont format you card which Lacius guide doesn't tell you to do your saves will be fine
You can format the data partition without losing save files, as long as the emuMMC partition isn't formatted.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Piracy.

Piracy is why you are using CFW. I'm asking why you're using an emuMMC.

Last edited by Lacius,

sudeki300

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
dont copy new files over old, remove the old files first then copy the new ones onto your card.

CFW files= atmosphere and sept folders

sisi1996

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Bulgaria
My troubleshooting steps remove Hekate as a variable. You won't be using it. You can go back to using it after we've narrowed down the problem, although Hekate is not recommended as a bootloader unless you have AutoRCM installed and you periodically switch between sysMMC and emuMMC.
Yes, I have AutoRCM installed, and yes, I'm going to switch between sysNAND and emuMMC periodically because of Switch Online.

Piracy is why you are using CFW. I'm asking why you're using an emuMMC.
To not get banned.

sisi1996

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Bulgaria
I think that it's good to say that trying to put the sd card in my PC just doesn't show it - I have to use hekate's usb tools to get directly to the sd card. I'm going to start doing the troubleshooting steps will write when ready.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: 24,000 hmmmm lol