Atmosphere Black screen after installing FW 18.1.0 on OLED

Lucasalv90

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hi to all.
I have a Switch OLED with modchip, and was on FW 17.0 but wanted to update to 18.1.0

So as usual I downloaded the latest atmosphere/fussee.bin/hekate/signpatcges from usual sources and put it in the SD card. Then atmosphere loaded correctly and I went on homebrew menu to update the firmware to 18.1.0 with Daybreak.

After the update I clicked reboot, it booted to Hekate menu and I choose as usual the payload fussee.bin, but now i get a black screen after the Atmosphere logo.

I do not understand what I did wrong, as I usually updated this way.
Is there something (maybe some other homebrew) that causes this crash because not compatible to newer firmware?
Can somebody help me with a solution?

Thank you very much in advance!

thesjaakspoiler

Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
Ran into this issue several times and in all cases just removing the Atmosphere/Hekate folders and installing a fresh install fixed the issue.
Also make sure that you use the fusee.bin that comes with the latest install and mind that an older version might be loaded off your SD card.
Homebrew should in most cases not have any effect on booting Atmosphere, unless it's one of those system module hacks.
If you suspect it is one of those, just install a normal install first and then start adding such modules/.

Lucasalv90

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Ran into this issue several times and in all cases just removing the Atmosphere/Hekate folders and installing a fresh install fixed the issue.
Also make sure that you use the fusee.bin that comes with the latest install and mind that an older version might be loaded off your SD card.
Homebrew should in most cases not have any effect on booting Atmosphere, unless it's one of those system module hacks.
If you suspect it is one of those, just install a normal install first and then start adding such modules/.
Thank you for the reply.
I actually tried that way but after I did my switch booted into Official Firmware directly.
Maybe is because my switch uses modchip and needs some other files inside those folders (just by guess). I don't know which files though, except the boot files in the root of SD

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi to all.
I have a Switch OLED with modchip, and was on FW 17.0 but wanted to update to 18.1.0

So as usual I downloaded the latest atmosphere/fussee.bin/hekate/signpatcges from usual sources and put it in the SD card. Then atmosphere loaded correctly and I went on homebrew menu to update the firmware to 18.1.0 with Daybreak.

After the update I clicked reboot, it booted to Hekate menu and I choose as usual the payload fussee.bin, but now i get a black screen after the Atmosphere logo.

I do not understand what I did wrong, as I usually updated this way.
Is there something (maybe some other homebrew) that causes this crash because not compatible to newer firmware?
Can somebody help me with a solution?

Thank you very much in advance!

something incompatible would give you an Atmosphere crash screen not black screen. Where you source your firmware?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Some are saying the kid was paid off by a online terror group or whatever
  • Veho @ Veho:
    "Disturbed young man."
  • Veho @ Veho:
    "Iranian sleeper agent."
  • Veho @ Veho:
    "False flag."
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I don't get people that make these attempts knowing they'll die just go in balls deep kamikaze style
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Too many meat shields in the way, sniping from a high vantage point is the only way.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    But it was ar15 iirc
  • Veho @ Veho:
    AR-15, effective range 500 yards, and the guy was at 150 yards from Trump.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Still missed
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Skill issue.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Take the L. :tpi:
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Wouldn't be the first time Trump got red skeeted on his face
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I was reading the kid failed shooting classes left and right imagine if it was a pissed off marine
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Or a pissed-on marine.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There will be other rallies.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    The story of how a new born took aim at trump
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How could the secret service see this coming
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Doesn't the baby have the right to bear arms?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Raised by bears grew claws
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I choose bear.
  • Tofu_mommy @ Tofu_mommy:
    is there a way to hide my country? I can't find an option to do so.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Set it to the South Pole or something.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    https://a.co/d/6tUkU6M I bet this is like 3 in Japan
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://a.co/d/6tUkU6M I bet this is like 3 in Japan