Atmosphère 0.8.5 released

37918415.png

Looks like June 15th came early! A new version of Atmosphère has just been released, 0.8.5 to be precise, which brings several new features an improvements to the table.
First of all, there's the previously mentioned cheat functionality: a new system module which uses a format compatible with SX OS's cheats while also bug fixing and improving it. The implementation is fully documented in the repo and users are recommended to read through it to get a better understanding on how to use it. The system module also supports interfacing itself with homebrew apps and, if you're a developer and want to make use of it, you may want to read Atmosphère's accompanying dmnt sysmodule documentation aswell.

Other additions include being able to override content on a per-title basis, separately from HBL's override key, added content headers in fusee-secondary (which primarily affects and enhances Hekate and other bootloaders that do not use fusee-primary) and a bug fixes for AMS' fatal screen on firmwares 1.0.0-2.3.0 and prodinfo backups.

As usual, you can read the full changelog below:
  • Support was added for overriding content on a per-title basis, separate from HBL override.
    • This allows for using mods on the same title that one uses to launch HBL.
    • By default, !L is used for title content override (this is configurable by editing default_config!override_key in loader.ini)
    • This key combination can be set on a per-title basis by creating a atmosphere/titles/<title id>/config.ini, and editing override_config!override_key.
  • Content headers were added for the embedded files inside of fusee-secondary.
    • This will allow non-fusee bootloaders (like hekate) to extract the components bundled inside release binaries.
    • This should greatly simplify the update process in the future, for users who do not launch Atmosphère using fusee.
  • Support for cheat codes was added.
    • These are handled by a new dmnt sysmodule, which will also reimplement Nintendo's Debug Monitor in the future.
    • Cheat codes can be enabled/disabled at application launch via a per-title key combination.
    • Cheat codes are fully backwards compatible with the pre-existing format, although a number of bugs have been fixed and some new features have been added.
    • An HIPC service API was added (dmnt:cht), that will allow user homebrew to interface with and control Atmosphère's cheat manager.
      • Please see the relevant documentation.
      • Full client code can be found in libstratosphere.
      • Users interested in interfacing should see EdiZon, which should have support for interfacing with Atmosphère's API shortly after 0.8.5 releases.
  • A bug was fixed that would cause Atmosphère's fatal screen to not show on 1.0.0-2.3.0.
  • A bug was fixed that caused Atmosphère's automatic ProdInfo backups to be corrupt.
  • General system stability improvements to enhance the user's experience.

You can download the latest release from the official GitHub repo (link in the sources below).

:arrow: Source
:arrow: GBAtemp thread

Last edited by RattletraPM,

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden

DocKlokMan

Plugin Dev
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@AnalogMan , could you give examples of codetype 9 and 10 cheat?
I haven't had a chance to update and check out the docs yet, but when I do I'll post something. Someone should make an Atmosphere Cheats thread since soon the cheats for Atmo won't work with SXOS (due to the new code types and bug fixes for conditionals).

Purple_Heart

GBATemp´s weirdest Individual
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
but its not out the needed build

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

have Devkit Pro and needed libs but my pc wont compile

ReikaRin

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
i have edizon 3.0 and the ram editor. i meat the precompiled cheats i had in sxos they are in the titlesfolder of Ams.

open the /atmosphere/system_settings.ini file and change dmnt_cheats_enabled_by_default = u8!0x1 to dmnt_cheats_enabled_by_default = u8!0x0

open game, minimize, open edizon, edit ram

SaffronXL

The Grand Galactic Inquisitor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just want to say, this is a FANTASTIC release, the cheat engine works great, especially with the new Edizon (thanks Werewolv!), and hbl and hbmenu being integrated will now give us 2 less thing to worry about keeping updated, so thank you to SciresM and everyone else involved in this release.

My only suggestion is it seems like the default value of the "dmnt_cheats_enabled_by_default" setting should be 0; launching a game and seeing all cheats have been enabled automatically without any intervention is a bit jarring.

SaffronXL

The Grand Galactic Inquisitor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
"How do I keep the ability to launch homebrew through the gallery, but still have the option to launch homebrew apps that require a ton of RAM, like N64 emulation" I hear you ask?

Answer: Install the hbmenu.nsp forwarder. It works great, but beware that the standard caveats for installing NSPs still apply https://gbatemp.net/threads/homebrew-menu-loader-legal-nsp.518433/

lordelan

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Now with both new features (cheats and new overriding method) we really need a simple text editor for the Switch finally. :)

(I'm using ftpd + Android Smartphone + ES file explorer + ES text editor at the moment)

Last edited by lordelan,
Reactions: mikifantastik98

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: i like the dlc tbh, i'd like a new game more