Atmosphère 0.8.5 released

37918415.png

Looks like June 15th came early! A new version of Atmosphère has just been released, 0.8.5 to be precise, which brings several new features an improvements to the table.
First of all, there's the previously mentioned cheat functionality: a new system module which uses a format compatible with SX OS's cheats while also bug fixing and improving it. The implementation is fully documented in the repo and users are recommended to read through it to get a better understanding on how to use it. The system module also supports interfacing itself with homebrew apps and, if you're a developer and want to make use of it, you may want to read Atmosphère's accompanying dmnt sysmodule documentation aswell.

Other additions include being able to override content on a per-title basis, separately from HBL's override key, added content headers in fusee-secondary (which primarily affects and enhances Hekate and other bootloaders that do not use fusee-primary) and a bug fixes for AMS' fatal screen on firmwares 1.0.0-2.3.0 and prodinfo backups.

As usual, you can read the full changelog below:
  • Support was added for overriding content on a per-title basis, separate from HBL override.
    • This allows for using mods on the same title that one uses to launch HBL.
    • By default, !L is used for title content override (this is configurable by editing default_config!override_key in loader.ini)
    • This key combination can be set on a per-title basis by creating a atmosphere/titles/<title id>/config.ini, and editing override_config!override_key.
  • Content headers were added for the embedded files inside of fusee-secondary.
    • This will allow non-fusee bootloaders (like hekate) to extract the components bundled inside release binaries.
    • This should greatly simplify the update process in the future, for users who do not launch Atmosphère using fusee.
  • Support for cheat codes was added.
    • These are handled by a new dmnt sysmodule, which will also reimplement Nintendo's Debug Monitor in the future.
    • Cheat codes can be enabled/disabled at application launch via a per-title key combination.
    • Cheat codes are fully backwards compatible with the pre-existing format, although a number of bugs have been fixed and some new features have been added.
    • An HIPC service API was added (dmnt:cht), that will allow user homebrew to interface with and control Atmosphère's cheat manager.
      • Please see the relevant documentation.
      • Full client code can be found in libstratosphere.
      • Users interested in interfacing should see EdiZon, which should have support for interfacing with Atmosphère's API shortly after 0.8.5 releases.
  • A bug was fixed that would cause Atmosphère's fatal screen to not show on 1.0.0-2.3.0.
  • A bug was fixed that caused Atmosphère's automatic ProdInfo backups to be corrupt.
  • General system stability improvements to enhance the user's experience.

You can download the latest release from the official GitHub repo (link in the sources below).

:arrow: Source
:arrow: GBAtemp thread

Last edited by RattletraPM,

Ev1l0rd

(⌐◥▶◀◤) girl - noirscape
Trophies
Website
catgirlsin.space
XP
Country
Netherlands
"How do I keep the ability to launch homebrew through the gallery, but still have the option to launch homebrew apps that require a ton of RAM, like N64 emulation" I hear you ask?

Answer: Install the hbmenu.nsp forwarder. It works great, but beware that the standard caveats for installing NSPs still apply https://gbatemp.net/threads/homebrew-menu-loader-legal-nsp.518433/
Uh wut?

Just swap the title to any installed system title and change the override key to only launch the HBL if you hold it (as opposed to the default). Installing nsps is just a terrible idea all around and is heavily solliciting for banbait. Please don't do that.

Follow these instructions instead: https://switchgui.de/switch-guide/extras/himem_homebrew/

Reactions: mikifantastik98

swabbo

Wot u doin readin dis m8?
Trophies
XP
Country
open the /atmosphere/system_settings.ini file and change dmnt_cheats_enabled_by_default = u8!0x1 to dmnt_cheats_enabled_by_default = u8!0x0

open game, minimize, open edizon, edit ram

Doesn't work for me sadly

Downloaded the cheat files from the edizon GitHub, put them in SD/atmosphere/titles but they don't show up in edizon

wurstpistole

GBAtemp MVP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I've setup up Atmos parallel to SX OS for the moment to be "ready" to switch :switch: at any time.
What I don't get is the HBL override. Nothing happens when I hold L, R, ZR, ZL when launching a title. The title just launches as usual.
Any help?

Zumoly

GBATemp Analyst
Trophies
XP
Country
Mali
I've setup up Atmos parallel to SX OS for the moment to be "ready" to switch :switch: at any time.
What I don't get is the HBL override. Nothing happens when I hold L, R, ZR, ZL when launching a title. The title just launches as usual.
Any help?

You have to activate it in Atmosphere loader.ini file by removing the '!'and selecting your preferred key (ZR, ZL,...).

Edit: title_id=app (you won't be able to launch hbmenu from album though)

Last edited by Zumoly,

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Doesn't work for me sadly

Downloaded the cheat files from the edizon GitHub, put them in SD/atmosphere/titles but they don't show up in edizon
I had the same issue and I fixed it!

1) Download fusee-primary.bin (https://github.com/Atmosphere-NX/Atmosphere/tree/0.8.5)
2) I use Hekate, so I put fusee-primary.bin in SD:/ bootloader - payloads
3) Rebooted to Hekate 4.8, Launch - Payloads... - AMS085.bin (I just renamed fusee-primary.bin)
4) ???
5) Profit!

@Essasetic thanks for the idea btw with Fusee-primary being the needed compontent for now

Last edited by linuxares,
Reactions: lordelan

mikifantastik98

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
You have to activate it in Atmosphere loader.ini file by removing the '!'and selecting your preferred key (ZR, ZL,...).

Edit: title_id=app (you won't be able to launch hbmenu from album though)
I don't understand very well....
is the same feature like before !?
is not like SX OS ( press R on everygame you want ? )
I have loader.ini configuration (with full RAM access mode )
What can you do more than before?
thanks in advance.

Zumoly

GBATemp Analyst
Trophies
XP
Country
Mali
I don't understand very well....
is the same feature like before !?
is not like SX OS ( press R on everygame you want ? )
I have loader.ini configuration (with full RAM access mode )
What can you do more than before?
thanks in advance.

It will just allow to access homebrew menu with full ram access when you press a key combo on any game/app.

Edit: by default it is off. That's why you see "!R" as key combo which means you'll access album by pressing 'R'

Last edited by Zumoly,

mikifantastik98

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
It will just allow to access homebrew menu with full ram access when you press a key combo on any game/app.

Edit: by default it is off. That's why you see "!R" as key combo which means you'll access album by pressing 'R'
bless you BRO !!!

something like this or not ?
View attachment 160376

otherwise
make a screenshot , please. :bow:

swabbo

Wot u doin readin dis m8?
Trophies
XP
Country
I had the same issue and I fixed it!

1) Download fusee-primary.bin (https://github.com/Atmosphere-NX/Atmosphere/tree/0.8.5)
2) I use Hekate, so I put fusee-primary.bin in SD:/ bootloader - payloads
3) Rebooted to Hekate 4.8, Launch - Payloads... - AMS085.bin (I just renamed fusee-primary.bin)
4) ???
5) Profit!

@Essasetic thanks for the idea btw with Fusee-primary being the needed compontent for now

Not really sure what i'd have to do as I dont use hekate

OvOvOv

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Is it posible to play online in atmosphere with autoRCM activated like SXOS? (for not burning efuses?)

wurstpistole

GBAtemp MVP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Lost everything for some reason so I've rewritten what I've done (with a few tweaks) and made a backup just incase now.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I should be able to get it done soon though. However no ETA.
Since I moved /set it up parallel to SX now I wrote a quick guide up by myself.

Reactions: Essasetic

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: Imma make quesadillas for lunch :D +1