Atgames sega flashback 2018 edition is out in the wild.

Menzo1986

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
does anyone have a gamelist of the 2018 genesis/mega drive flashback version with sd card slot.
i cant find it anywhere.
im just wondering if it still has some homebrew or gamegear games on it or only genesis/mega drive this time.

Beetch18

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Edit: I didn't see the box picture initially. Question answered.

I apologize if this is a stupid question but is the SD card port accessible without opening the console? It's hard to tell from the pic. Thank you

Last edited by Beetch18,

Zaphod77

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes it is. someone managed to make the sd card enabling firmware.

Also note that this console DID license Genesis GX Plus properly, it has something in the manual about it.

The Legends Flashback manual, on the other hand, makes no mention of it's emulators. HMMM...

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes it is. someone managed to make the sd card enabling firmware.

Also note that this console DID license Genesis GX Plus properly, it has something in the manual about it.

The Legends Flashback manual, on the other hand, makes no mention of it's emulators. HMMM...

So AtGames ruined a completely good emulator. Figures.

Zaphod77

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
apparently the sound is decent on this device, and it does perform better than the 2017 unit, from all reviews i've seen.

but i don't have one for myself to test with.

stevensoest84

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Got the revised 2019 Model from LIDL (German) today. Runs really smooth! Even with busy scenes in Sonic when loosing runs etc. This one works very good!

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I have pictures, but i cant share them, because I have a new account

laynolad95

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Got the revised 2019 Model from LIDL (German) today. Runs really smooth! Even with busy scenes in Sonic when loosing runs etc. This one works very good!

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I have pictures, but i cant share them, because I have a new account
If possible could you post some pictures from your other account?

Verbeeg

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hi GUYS,

I just read your thread and am looking for some guidance. I just found out that there is a 2019 model for the AtGames Sega Megadrive flashback.

w ww.lidl-shop.nl/AT-Games-SEGA-MegaDrive-Flashback-HD-Versie-2019-Retro/p100247224

Does anyone have experience with this newer model? I once had a 2017 model which run laggy (graphics and sound), i gave this one to my nephew. This 2019 model one now also has an SD card to upgrade games (officially) and is firmware upgradeable.

What do you guys think? Should i try again?

With kind regards,

Steven

Does this '2019' model really read MD, MS and GG games from the SD card slot? The Lidl shop is not very clear about this. In German it says the SD card slot is for firmware upgrades, 'new game selection' and 'software updates & upgrades'. In Dutch it just says it's for 'extra games'.

Verbeeg

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
you need to install custom firmare for that. check in this forum. its a few threads down below.

Thanks, I'm up to date with the different versions and ways to hack them. I was just wondering if this newer 2019 one somehow has an out-of-the-box way to read new games, the Lidl shop kind of suggests it. But it's probably the same as the Genesis 2018 one that started off this thread, just the European (German) version of it.

Last edited by Verbeeg,

fixingmytoys

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
The Australian 2017 model has the MK section and it is MA15+

Just with all this 2018 talk ( lucky barstards with a SD SLOT) I am at a big big a losss for what’s the best mod/setup for the 2017 model mine could do with a update now me thinks

Reactions: laynolad95

WD_GASTER2

Hated by life itself.
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
im pretty sure this "2019" model is just the european version pal model (2018) version. they would not have time to RND a whole new model in less than a month.

Verbeeg

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
im pretty sure this "2019" model is just the european version pal model (2018) version. they would not have time to RND a whole new model in less than a month.

I agree. Still, kind of weird to provide an accessible SD card slot only for firmware updates when that AtGames Sega handheld does read games from it.

Last edited by Verbeeg,

dcuk7

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys, long time lurker but thought I'd actually sign up to keep interest in this thread and to post this link to Argos selling the Flashback: argos.co.uk/product/8367862

The picture shows the old model so I've just spoken with Argos here in the UK and they confirmed that this listing is the 2018 version with the SD card slot. It is currently on sale for £55.99 which is a bit more than I paid for mine from Menkind a few weeks ago!

Also, @WD_GASTER2 I don't mind being a guinea pig for trying your hacks with the PAL model if you need it.

WD_GASTER2

Hated by life itself.
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Several people have confirmed with me that the custom firmware works on PAL consoles but as always try at your own risk.

stevensoest84

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Several people have confirmed with me that the custom firmware works on PAL consoles but as always try at your own risk.
I tried the custom firmware version for the 2018 version on the PAL 2019 version (german version which is probably the rebranded 2018 version with SD card slot), and it works perfect, as long as the roms are NTSC. PAL roms have distorted sound.

One specific difference about the German "2019" version is the authentic Sega Megadrive look (full black cover, no red ring) and the Megadrive word on it.

With kind regards,

Steven

WD_GASTER2

Hated by life itself.
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i heard that for some other feedback as well. As far as i am aware the games included with the console (PAL) version still work fine. it seems to be anything that is externally tried via PAL. the snes classic had a similar issue as mentioned earlier. I may take a more in depth look if a european console comes my way.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: