Gaming Associate site with folder for Chrome?

gifi4

How am I a 'New Member'?
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey guys, I was just wondering, if there is some way I can make Chrome automatically know my download folder for seperate folders?
Such as if I was to download something from Filetrip, could I make Chrome automatically redirect the dialog box to a folder of my choice, rather than having to change the folder?

Just wondering because it can be a pain if you try to keep all your files organized and you're downloading files or saving pictures from multiple sites at once, and the organization you set up decides that the correct folder is at a different location; so you constantly end up going back between the folders in order to save the files...

So any way I can do that?
If not, is there some way for Firefox? I'll use it if need be (I've heard it's gotten a lot faster than Chrome since I last used it ;))

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Not sure about Chrome.

Firefox however does it on a site by site basis and has done for a while now (well version 7) and before that Cyan made a nice plugin to do have it on a more controllable basis- http://asf.mangaheart.org/ has some more on it.
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-us/firefox/addon/automatic-save-folder/

I had a quick look around for Chrome stuff but the general consensus was that the chrome API was not as far reaching as firefox (by design as well) so addons might be hard to come by.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Fast6191 was faster than me! :ninja:
Thanks for linking to my add-on :)

Firefox 7.0.1 is doing it on a site-by-site basis only, while my add-on will let you select better filtering, like based on the filename and/or domain, part or the URL, creating dynamically named folders based on anything (current day, part of the filter, part of the filename, etc.). I hope to add a filename renaming mask to the next versions.
My add-on works with 7.0.1+ : you can choose to always save in the same folder if no filter are defined, or keep the new "site-by-site" basis for every domains.

I received emails from Chrome users asking if I could port it, but I don't know how Chrome is working, and I don't have enough time :(
my Code is open source, so everyone can use it to make a port, but Chrome and Firefox may not work the same way.

I'm trying to improve it and try to listen to user's request.
Though, I will have to re-code it almost fully for Firefox 11 as they changed the way the add-ons are stored. Firefox 10 is already there, it leaves me with only few days to fix that :wacko:
For the moment, be sure to test on Firefox 10, not 11.

PS: I'm also looking for help (it's coded in javascript), if anyone is interested you can PM me or check my forum.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: First she gets the clap, then I get the slap? +1