Asking out a random through facebook....

yusuo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
So i saw this shop assistant in my local supermarket back in December, I was gunna ask her out but couldnt quite find the nerves to do so. So built up my courage and went back but I haven't seen her since, now I saw her as one of the recommended friends on facebook so I was going to message her, but I realy have no idea what to say.

Im not very good with women anyway, havent got loadsa confidence

anyways this is what i got so far
Hey,
I don't do this alot, so please forgive me.
I saw you working in Waitrose back in December and thought you were pretty cute, I was going to wait till the next time I saw you before saying "hi" but I haven't seen you since, so i'm resorting to this.

Any help

prowler

Sony
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
she works at waitrose, she must be a snob

also don't say pretty cute, just say cute - or don't say it at all, you don't say cute when you're trying to hit on someone

Reactions: 2 people

yusuo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
she works at waitrose, she must be a snob

also don't say pretty cute, just say cute - or don't say it at all, you don't say cute when you're trying to hit on someone
Lol waitrose is the only supermarket in my town, everyone here shops there cause well we have no other choice

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yeah, don't do it.
lol.
Sorry but it's pretty rare that internet confessions work, especially under these specific circumstances. Add her as a friend and act casual about talking to her. Just strike up a random casual conversation. If she asks who you are or why you added her as a friend just say something like "Facebook had you as a recommended friend for me, and I swear i've seen you before, so I thought 'what the hell' and added you."
Probably not the exact same thing but you get what I mean. Start out casual. Don't be "I saw you working at the supermarket AND I MUST HAVE YOU NOW!" because that wont win you any points. In fact you'd probably lose...a lot of points, and maybe gain a restraining order.

Reactions: 7 people

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You might be moving a bit too fast with this; the last thing you want to do is send the wrong impression (random professions of love don't tend to come across well).

Skelletonike

♂ ♥ Gallant Pervert ♥ ♀
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Yeah, you should strive to start a normal converstion at first, otherwise you'd pretty much sound like a creepy and she'll prolly just ignore your messages. Add her as friend, then like two or three days after you added her, try to message her but not about where you saw her or her looks, don't try to sound too interested, just talk like if you were kinda half-assed about it... Once you get to know her better and vice-versa, then you might tell her your first impressions on here when you saw her.

Jan1tor

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
If you are sure she works there, first I'd go back and ask one of the other employees if she has a boyfriend first. Why waste your time if she is already involved.

Kyary

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey,
I don't do this alot, so please forgive me. ~ You shouldn't do this at all (facebook asking out). Also, what is she forgiving you for? Asking her out through facebook? Unforgivable!
I saw you working in Waitrose back in December and thought you were pretty cute, ~ You might come off as creeper calling her cute...
I was going to wait till the next time I saw you before saying "hi" ~...and this is why it would be creepy, you haven't even talked to her.
but I haven't seen you since, so i'm resorting to this. ~yikes! desperate?

Asking out on facebook is something my middle school cousins do. A girl loves approach. Now I suggest you get some loadsa confidence, it's the best way yusuo. Make the effort and ask the employees at the supermarket about her. If you see her again, ask her out on a date. Though more background would be best, like Jan1tor already said, make sure she's not involved.

Reactions: 2 people

SinHarvest24

Shiroyasha
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Chad
Yeah..............no.

Don't send that. Come off a bit stalker-ish.

Most of the time if someone who doesn't know anything about you, it's best to befriend them before confessing to them.

Truth be told i do add hot chicks on fb who doesn't know jack about me and i as begin to tell them the reason i added them it mostly leads to being unfriended in the middle of our first conversation...so yeah...it's best to initially come off as friendly as you can without hitting on her so much that she would notice your intentions.

Get to know her a bit. Then if you're really good and she starts initiating convo's with you then you're on to something :creep:

btw i did get through with 2 girls, who wanted to meet and whatnot but i wasn't really into them so i ended up unfriending them. True story.

Skelletonike

♂ ♥ Gallant Pervert ♥ ♀
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
btw i did get through with 2 girls, who wanted to meet and whatnot but i wasn't really into them so i ended up unfriending them. True story.

You're not a very nice person. o.O

Reactions: 1 person

Jakob95

I am the Avatar
Suspended
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You sound like the total creep no offense. You should first just talk to her and get to know her, better, and allow her to get to know you better. Then you can get progress from there.

Kyary

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Asking out on facebook is something my middle school cousins do.
What is this world coming to...

I'd suggest starting an actual conversation before asking her out.

I know right :glare:.

You sound like the total creep no offense. You should first just talk to her and get to know her, better, and allow her to get to know you better. Then you can get progress from there.

I agree with progressing by talking, but ask her to hang out too. Don't automatically ask her to be your girlfriend, that is creepy. I mean, would you accept any random girl you don't really know as your girlfriend?

Flame

Me > You
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
I think this is one of those plans where it sound good in your head, but in real life it not so great........... :/

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Really, don't do it over the net, especially facebook.

Also, a message you could say (sorry but yours sucks) is

"Hey, I was wondering if maybe you'd like to get a cup of coffee or something and get to know each other".

Complimenting them right away (especially on the net) = Might as well chop your penis off.

Reactions: 1 person

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=d0-EuoBjkKI&pp=ygUqd2F0Y2htZW4gaSdtIG5vdCB0cmFwcGVkIGluIGhlcmUgd2l0...