Hacking [ask] how to switch game ? turn off the power ?

pante

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi guys,

I have a brand new NDS Lite with M3 DS Real on it.

I'm just wondering, is there any way to do a soft-reset after I play a game to switch to another game ? Or do I need to turn on and off the power all the time if I want to go back to the M3 Screen ?

I'm just thinking if it is OK if I turn the power on and off just to switch the game or switch to other homebrew software ?

Please let me know.

Thank you

hankchill

I Pwn n00bs.
Trophies
Website
www.hankchill.com
XP
Country
Canada
pante said:
Hi guys,

I'm just wondering, is there any way to do a soft-reset after I play a game to switch to another game ? Or do I need to turn on and off the power all the time if I want to go back to the M3 Screen ?

I'm just thinking if it is OK if I turn the power on and off just to switch the game or switch to other homebrew software ?

Please let me know.

Thank you

Welcome to the forums. Doing a little bit of research will take you a long way.

Taken straight from our GBAtemp Review of the M3DS Real.
QUOTENext you can choose what buttons to press for soft-reset, either L+R+B+A+X or L+R+B+A+Y. Personally, I prefer to press L+R+A+B+X+Y, but it's good that it's the user's choice. Soft-reset is one of my favourite features of any flashcart, so it's good that the M3DS Real implements it well.

pante

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hankchill said:
pante said:
Hi guys,

Please let me know.

Thank you

Welcome to the forums. Doing a little bit of research will take you a long way.

Taken straight from our GBAtemp Review of the M3DS Real.
QUOTENext you can choose what buttons to press for soft-reset, either L+R+B+A+X or L+R+B+A+Y. Personally, I prefer to press L+R+A+B+X+Y, but it's good that it's the user's choice. Soft-reset is one of my favourite features of any flashcart, so it's good that the M3DS Real implements it well.

Hi Hankchill,

thanks for your fast-reply
biggrin.gif

I reckon those methods (L+R+B+A+X) and (L+R+B+A+Y) are only for doing the soft-reset on the same game right ?
So for example I play Game-A, then I want to get back into the main menu of Game-A then I can implement one of those methods.

But I'm just wondering how to switch from Game-A to Game-B which basically needs to get back into the M3 Screen then choose Game-B from M3 Screen ?

Or probably I've missed out something here...

Please let me know.

Thank you

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: What's your thoughts?