WiiUBricker

News Police
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
It seems like there are japanese niche games with english subtitles in the asian market (maybe just Hong Kong idk), that aren't available in the west. You can get them from play-asia but they are generally a pain to get due to costs, shipping time, customs. Getting them from PSN is an option, but since I am talking about Vita games, setting up an asian PSN account is a pain so I need to know if it's worth it. I have few questions:

1) How good (or bad) is the english localization?
2) How are the PSN prices compared to retail prices?
3) Are there games that are retail-only?
4) How many asian-english games are there?
5) Are they even worth it playing?

MRsonic699

Trophies
Website
soundcloud.com
XP
Country
Depends on which Asian country. I know that Honk Kong PSN games are like 5 dollars more expensive than the US counterparts, but Japanese PSN games can reach 60 dollars for an otherwise 30ish dollar game. If you're into that type of Japan stuff, then yes, it's worth it. Buy a 2nd memcard and you can swap between accounts too. Just that you'll have to format inbetween each, I'm not too sure. Basically no games are retail-only, because why would they do that on an already small-size market? Virtual releases are really simple.

For the localization quality, it's usually good. Think of the Fire Emblem if games on the 3DS. They had English, and it was all fine and dandy. Whereas the actual English localization was the one that filtered and messed up conversations. Maybe that's not the best example, but I wouldn't worry about that.

RegisXNex

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't have too many Asian English-subbed games, but from what I've seen, they're on par with the translation. As for the prices, that, unfortunately, I do not know exactly, but I'd imagine them to be similar. You could always check the Playstation store for each region/country and compare prices that way. As for the other questions you have, you seem to already have some idea for through sites such as Play-Asia. I get it though; getting physical copies can be expensive depending on where you are. And as you also mentioned, most of these games are niche to their respective audience, so it's really up to your tastes.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Flame @ Flame: Never fight uphill, me boys.