Is it safe to play PKGJ USA version games online on a foreign PSN account?

touru_04

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
My friend and I are planning to play online together, and I want to keep costs down(PS Plus subscription).
Lets say I play USA version games (with DLC !!) downloaded from PKGJ online on a Hong Kong PSN account, will SONY ban my PSVita?
Apparently USA version DLCs won't work on foreign PSN accounts without hacks.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
pretty sure the psvita is region free, so the answer would be no. you'd have to go out of your way to get banned on the vita anyway. lol

touru_04

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
pretty sure the psvita is region free, so the answer would be no. you'd have to go out of your way to get banned on the vita anyway. lol
Unfortunately DLCs are region locked :(
gbatemp.net/threads/question-about-dlc-and-regions.440212/#post-6649348
gbatemp.net/threads/still-no-way-around-region-locked-dlc.411217/

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Unfortunately DLCs are region locked :(
gbatemp.net/threads/question-about-dlc-and-regions.440212/#post-6649348
gbatemp.net/threads/still-no-way-around-region-locked-dlc.411217/
indeed, it's due to the title id, so unless all regions use the same one, which does happen sometimes, they're locked, same as saves as I have two versions of poi, and the saves are separate. both claim to be the usa version which is odd.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
oops, thought this was a switch thread, but the same holds true as the title ids are different in most cases, but I did encounter a weird thing with tales of hearts r where the save was actually to the european version while the base game was the usa version. no idea how that works.

touru_04

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
oops, thought this was a switch thread, but the same holds true as the title ids are different in most cases, but I did encounter a weird thing with tales of hearts r where the save was actually to the european version while the base game was the usa version. no idea how that works.
I see, so have you played any Vita games with region-locked-DLC online on a foreign PSN account?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: see ya