Hacking As expected New 2DS XL comes with 11.4

zoogie

playing around in the end of life
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Micronesia, Federated States of
The DSiWare method has been confirmed to work on the N2DSXL on 11.4. According to the holy guide, the hardmod method also works.
add ntrboothax to that list.

For those who might say that we already knew this: the unit GB received is obviously a US unit so we can now confirm the west will get the same initial firmware as AU/NZ/Europe.

NTR[Card/Boot]Hax may still be an option. Who knows if they changed the key combo.
It will be an option, and the key combo didn't change.

pic showing region:
new2ds114.PNG

Last edited by zoogie,

Chrushev

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
..Aw, I thought maybe that this time the n2DS XL wouldn't have a loose hinge like with my n3ds XL.
InB4 people start praising the crappy hinge, so that some little kids don't snap it :glare:

Yeah I think its by design and not a manufacturing defect. Ive flown 12+ hours with my XL and have overall spent 2000+ hours on it over the last 4 years... never once thought floppy hinge was an issue... would have I liked it rigid? Sure... but I never even notice the flappiness until someone else points it out (like this video).

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I would like to mention that the 2DS XL is just a new3DS crammed into a different shell with a 2D screen. It's literally the same bootrom as well.
So all exploits that work on the New3DS and below, will work just the same on 2DS XL. So it really doesn't matter what OFW it comes with, it's easily broken.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-