Gaming As a Christmas gift

GoodDad

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi guys, buying a Wii for my son soon and would like to have some info before I go to the store (don't want them to try and talk me into anything!)

1. How much do hard drives for the Wii cost? And how reliable are they? And how much do they really matter because my coworker said it's the only way to go with the Wii but I don't want to spend much more than the initial $200.
2. Can you turn on parental controls that will lock the ability to play games AND dvds? It's going to be in my son's room but I don't want him watching movies past his bedtime.
3. Is there any way to turn off the headset function in games? I've heard a lot of strangers say racist and dirty stuff to kids on there.
4. How reliable are the wrist straps? Don't want a broken TV!

Thanks in advance, appreciate the help
smile.gif

vergilite

GBATemps Regular Clown
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
1. err do you mean for backed up games if so your looking at about 50 pounds for a good one
2.yes you can turn on parental controls for games but the wii can't play dvd's officially unless you make it homebrew capable and then there is no parental control for playing the dvd's
3.there is no headset of such with the wii only a "wii speak" which is sold separately which you can just unplug if you dont want it on and you can mute players on games to stop them from speaking in-game
4.very reliable as nintendo had a lot of complaints about the original wrist straps and so improved them they are very reliable as long as you don't go swinging the wii remote roung be it as fast as you can.

EDIT: a hard drive for a wii is for storing baked up games e.g wii games you have downloaded of the internet and then playing them through your hard drive on your wii they are not necessary if you plan to buy all your games but even so it comes in handy to "back up" your games so if your son damages the disk you've got a "back up"

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: I could claw back 14tb by only doing 2 parity disks but I feel like with 13 disks in the RAID...