Alternatives to WiiFlow?

Biohazard2236

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My girlfriend lost her Mario Kart Wii disc and I wanted to get it set up on my modded Wii, so I got to work and learned how to use WiiFlow. Got everything set up, got my CIOS files ready and loaded the game and failed for hours. Everything I tried resulted in a crash after the remote strap warning. Not quite sure what I did, but the last attempt after messing with settings corrupted some files. I thought it was bricked, but it loaded the second time. Now, WiiFlow will load but crash and take me back to the Homebrew Channel. I'm pretty defeated here at 3:00am, so I'm gonna ask the experts if there's any other more reliable methods? I just don't think I can get WiiFlow to run it. I'm using a micro SD because my flash drive doesn't seem to be recognizable. Any and all help is very much appreciated. After a brick scare I'd like to tread a bit more carefully.

Last edited by Biohazard2236,

Biohazard2236

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Usb loader gx and Cfg usb loader

What do you mean you're using a micro USB?

You can use modmii to help you easily softmod your wii and set up a usbloader. It makes it stupid easy :)
My mistake, I meant to say micro SD. Will CFG read it? I've read that sometimes micro SD isn't supported which is why I went with WiiFlow.

CoolMe

"Who am i, what am i?"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Make sure you are using the latest version of WiiFlow Lite, or the latest usbloadergx.
My mistake, I meant to say micro SD. Will CFG read it? I've read that sometimes micro SD isn't supported which is why I went with WiiFlow.
You have games stored on your sd card? Make sure the adapter is not locked. Both loaders can play games from sd, though you might have some issues with some games.
Anyway, check if you have "load from sd" in the settings. if you're getting black screens it could be the game is corrupt or something else like incorrect video mode etc..

Reactions: jeannotte

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1