Homebrew ARM9Loader -- Technical Details and Discussion

apeuls

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, it's arm9 code execution on cold boot, even earlier than with menuhax, it's technically unpatchable, but it requires an OTP dump (which is what we're trying to get by downgrading to <3.0)

So there is nothing developed that takes advantages of this yet? Sounds like it's really useful! How does one go about acquiring the OTP?

dark_samus3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So there is nothing developed that takes advantages of this yet? Sounds like it's really useful! How does one go about acquiring the OTP?
https://github.com/delebile/arm9loaderhax This takes advantage of it... OTP is acquired through a downgrade to <3.0 and dumping using cubic ninja, oot3d or something else (a few people are working on that "something else" right now)

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

The screen won't turn on at all, if that's what you're looking for. If you get something to do a firmlaunch or force a shut down, that's usually a good sign.
Right, but shouldn't the screen come on if a firmlaunch happens?

apeuls

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
https://github.com/delebile/arm9loaderhax This takes advantage of it... OTP is acquired through a downgrade to <3.0 and dumping using cubic ninja, oot3d or something else (a few people are working on that "something else" right now)

Alright but I don't get what arm9loaderhax does?? It just allows arm9 code to be executed on startup? I thought we had that already with CFW on 9.2? I have cubic ninja but how would I dump my OTP? As far as I see there is no application to even use...

Shadowtrance

Trophies
XP
Country
The screen won't turn on at all, if that's what you're looking for. If you get something to do a firmlaunch or force a shut down, that's usually a good sign.
Yeah i realize the screens won't come on.
Just need something to actually run/show me some signs of life / that it installed ok (i assume it is installed ok as is turns on, unless it's some weird brick?).

dark_samus3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright but I don't get what arm9loaderhax does?? It just allows arm9 code to be executed on startup? I thought we had that already with CFW on 9.2? I have cubic ninja but how would I dump my OTP? As far as I see there is no application to even use...
Right, we do have arm9 code exec on 9.2.... this can be done on 10.5 (yep CFW on 10.5), it negates the need to use menuhax to coldboot into CFW, or use some other entrypoint (browser, cubic ninja, etc.) as for dumping your OTP, you downgrade to <3.0 and then use the QR codes (posted above) to dump the OTP

mitroux

Trophies
XP
Country
Macau
would a 3.0 system work to dump otp? if yes and you need a backup of 3.0 ods , i have one laying around
i need to know how to build cias from title folders , any help?

Psi-hate

GBATemp's Official Psi-Hater
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can someone give me a .sav for ninjhax1 for cubic ninja 4.5.0-10US? I for the life of me can't get CN to load the QR without crashing.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Andy didn't get any catholic toys because they wouldn't go limp when they saw him