Homebrew ARM9Loader -- Technical Details and Discussion

Shadowtrance

Trophies
XP
Country
Luckily I do. I'm going to run the RXtoolsinstaller.nds on it in a moment.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Was able to boot into RXmenu. Unfortunately, I can't seem to restore nand..
1. This is why you have a hard mod in place when messing with potentially dangerous things (or just random things that may not work out). So you can recover easily.
2. You can't rely on rxtools at the best of times, why aren't you trying to use tools that actually work, like Decrypt9?...

Reactions: daxtsu

Psi-hate

GBATemp's Official Psi-Hater
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1. This is why you have a hard mod in place when messing with potentially dangerous things (or just random things that may not work out). So you can recover easily.
2. You can't rely on rxtools at the best of times, why aren't you trying to use tools that actually work, like Decrypt9?...
Does decrypt9 have a browser exploit? That'd be the only way I can access it honestly.

Also I am using a soon to be hardmodded 3ds so honestly if it bricks then yolo, it's only going to slow me down temporarily.

Shadowtrance

Trophies
XP
Country
Reactions: Psi-hate

Psi-hate

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Jeez... So much hassle all because of a faulty downgrade. Finally was able to boot decrypt 9 using the gateway launcher version, thus restoring my Nand. Next I'm going to use GW's downgrader since that is several times safer than my downgrade. Then I'll be able to boot into all the exploits I need.

RednaxelaNnamtra

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Yeah i realize the screens won't come on.
Just need something to actually run/show me some signs of life / that it installed ok (i assume it is installed ok as is turns on, unless it's some weird brick?).
Have you got somthing to work?
I'm trying to get it work on my o3DS, but none of the cfw payloads I tried worked. Will try it again tomorow. Arm9 loader Hax seems to work atleast, because it shuts down, if I have no arm9loaderhax.bin.

Psi-hate

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright, successfully restored NAND, then dowgraded to 4.x via gateway, successfully loaded ninjhax1 and am about to downgrade to 1.0

Same error. I think that my cia pack isn't complete. Can anyone PM me a 2.xU cia pack?

Shadowtrance

Trophies
XP
Country
Alright, successfully restored NAND, then dowgraded to 4.x via gateway, successfully loaded ninjhax1 and am about to downgrade to 1.0

Same error. I think that my cia pack isn't complete. Can anyone PM me a 2.xU cia pack?
What's the error / problem you're getting? No idea about 2.xU pack though...

zoogie

playing around in the end of life
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Micronesia, Federated States of

Change your Nintendo 3DS folder to _Nintendo 3DS or something. I had to do that to get it to work with 2.1U.

Reactions: Syphurith

dark_samus3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm having one hell of a time downgrading to 2.x myself... got a fully working 4.5 system (got a frankenfirmware, had to use rxTools devmode, it was the only thing that would launch properly :P after that I just used sysupdater and got myself downgrading again) after that I tried downgrading to 2.xU and I haven't been able to get it working yet (errors out after the downgrade starts and then boots to a black screen :( )

Change your Nintendo 3DS folder to _Nintendo 3DS or something. I had to do that to get it to work with 2.1U.
ofc zoogie posts this AS I'M TYPING the exact same problem out... thanks haha

zoogie

playing around in the end of life
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Micronesia, Federated States of
And the 2.1U pack seems to be post #385 on that main pakrett downgrade pack thread (iso forum). That's the only place I can find it.

dark_samus3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
aaaaaaaaand I'm downgraded :D here's what I ended up needing to do:

Start the downgrade to 4.5, it errored quite a ways into it
boot rxTools 2.5.2 devmode (hated it but it was the only thing that was working)
start sysupdater and finish the 4.5 DG
once that went through, put the 2.1U files from the mega folder in pakrett's thread on the SD card
start rxTools 2.5.2 devmode again
start the downgrade, this errored too
take the SD card out of the console, boot it up (2.1 doesn't like the old extdata it seems)
put the SD card back into the console once booted and launch rxTools 2.5.2 devmode again
as soon as the screen went black for booting devmode I pulled the SD card out (again 2.1 doesn't like the newer extdata)
put the SD card back in and start sysupdater
start the downgrade again, it finished completely

and now I'm on 2.1.0-4U :D

Last edited by dark_samus3,
Reactions: mungry

Shadowtrance

Trophies
XP
Country
Now do it on an n3ds... i dare you! :P haha

Well I'm calling it a day with this... the n3ds process is a pain in my ass.
2 failed attempts at booting a frankenNAND 2.2 lol
Lovely black screens :(
Pretty sure I'm not missing anything....

Last edited by Shadowtrance,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: yawn