Homebrew ARM9Loader -- Technical Details and Discussion

Psi-hate

GBATemp's Official Psi-Hater
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is so weird.. I can't boot any exploits whatsoever on 4.5. Did it even downgrade correctly?? Well looks like I'm off to download a 9.2 update game. SuperSmashBros3DS had 9.2 in it, no?

Vappy

Trophies
XP
Country
This is so weird.. I can't boot any exploits whatsoever on 4.5. Did it even downgrade correctly?? Well looks like I'm off to download a 9.2 update game. SuperSmashBros3DS had 9.2 in it, no?
One particular revision of Smash did. http://3dsdb.com/
Maybe try just running the downgrade again, with the same pack? Might've errored on one or two without you noticing.

Psi-hate

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yep. Also why were you downgrading to 4.5?
Apparently 4.5 has better compatibility with downgrading to 1.x-2.x than 9.2. Since I can't run any exploits on 4.5 (presumably a malfunction in NATIVE_FIRM when using sysupdater) I'll have to upgrade to 9.2 via a card, downgrade using Gateway's downgrader (I know that will let me load exploits on 4.x. since it'll properly downgrade this time.) Once I boot up 4.5 Ninjhax1 then I can install 1.x-2.x

dankzegriefer

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Apparently 4.5 has better compatibility with downgrading to 1.x-2.x than 9.2. Since I can't run any exploits on 4.5 (presumably a malfunction in NATIVE_FIRM when using sysupdater) I'll have to upgrade to 9.2 via a card, downgrade using Gateway's downgrader (I know that will let me load exploits on 4.x. since it'll properly downgrade this time.) Once I boot up 4.5 Ninjhax1 then I can install 1.x-2.x
Aaaaaah. OK. that makes sense.

Columbo2811

Trophies
XP
Country
Made a backup of 1.0 as well. I'm presuming this can be restored without my hard mod if I want to in the future with either d9 or gateway like any NAND dump?

Psi-hate

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Psi-hate do you have a gateway card. Once on 4.3 I installed sysupdater cia with it on system NAND and then booted rxtools devmode and went from there.
I can install mset and I have sysupdater installed in sysnand already but have no way to run that. Maybe I can run rxtools through the browser.

zoogie

playing around in the end of life
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Micronesia, Federated States of
You have no idea how hard it is to find a 9.2 smash bros (took me 3 tries). I suggest updating with an 8.1 cart then using GW to downgrade to 4.2.
First see if you can boot GW with spider on whatever you're on now.

Psi-hate

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You have no idea how hard it is to find a 9.2 smash bros (took me 3 tries). I suggest updating with an 8.1 cart then using GW to downgrade to 4.2.
First see if you can boot GW with spider on whatever you're on now.
Tried the spider exploit with GW to no avail unfortunately.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f1E8xroD5pE