Homebrew ARM9Loader -- Technical Details and Discussion

Shadowtrance

Trophies
XP
Country
Well i got past the sd card in issue and now it turns on and stays on with the card in after restoring backup and reinstall arm9loaderhax.
But that's about it, can't seem to get any payload to run...hmm Just lovely black screens lol

Columbo2811

Trophies
XP
Country
Well @MassExplosion213 the 1.0 downgrade pack works. Thanks downgrade.png

Reactions: peteruk

Shadowtrance

Trophies
XP
Country
How can we decrypt the firm from nus/cia? This should be the only thing left, to allow me to use arm9loaderhax.
If you have to ask that question you shouldn't be playing with this sort of stuff. :P

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I'll give you a hint... It starts with D and ends in 9.

Reactions: Psi-hate

ketal

aiueo
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
this implementation of arm9loaderhax has compatibility with every payload BRAHMA can run, and that's good. you can firmlaunch by writing at 0x1FFFFFF8.

RednaxelaNnamtra

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
If you have to ask that question you shouldn't be playing with this sort of stuff. :P

I'll give you a hint... It starts with D and ends in 9.
Have used decrypt9 some time ago, there was no easy way to decrypt system cias at that moment. But now I remember, it got added some time ago.

Shadowtrance

Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah I'm thinking 9.2 > 1.0 may be too big of a jump down and shit gets screwed. Mine would boot normally, game carts would run but anything else would just sit there at black screens after launching.
Oddly enough 9.2 > 2.2 everything seemed fine.

Man my google fu sucks, can't even find my own pastebin i posted when searching for it. lol

Psi-hate

GBATemp's Official Psi-Hater
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah I'm thinking 9.2 > 1.0 may be too big of a jump down and shit gets screwed. Mine would boot normally, game carts would run but anything else would just sit there at black screens after launching.
Oddly enough 9.2 > 2.2 everything seemed fine.

Man my google fu sucks, can't even find my own pastebin i posted when searching for it. lol
http://pastebin.com/RmMCpwkL ?

apeuls

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Could someone explain to me what the point of this is? Like why would you do all of this? What does this let you do that you can't without it? If someone could PM me the process that would be pretty cool! :P

dark_samus3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Could someone explain to me what the point of this is? Like why would you do all of this? What does this let you do that you can't without it? If someone could PM me the process that would be pretty cool! :P
Well, it's arm9 code execution on cold boot, even earlier than with menuhax, it's technically unpatchable, but it requires an OTP dump (which is what we're trying to get by downgrading to <3.0)

Reactions: apeuls

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B09ZLRDMXX/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?tag=slickdeals09-20&ascsubtag=...