Homebrew ARM9Loader -- Technical Details and Discussion

Dennis G

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hey Guys i have a question/problem.
I have the installer to update screen_init thinggie and i have a9lh running, but ther is a update that makes the 3ds shutoff when booted without sd, and i don't know how to update to that. i have compiled the new version with my otp just don't know how i would update it safely i don't want to mess stuff up, please some help =)

Serphirot

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hey Guys i have a question/problem.
I have the installer to update screen_init thinggie and i have a9lh running, but ther is a update that makes the 3ds shutoff when booted without sd, and i don't know how to update to that. i have compiled the new version with my otp just don't know how i would update it safely i don't want to mess stuff up, please some help =)
For that Version you will have to reinstall it on a 9.2nand like you installed the original a9lh. That will reinstall a9lh and has a small chance to brick your device and you wont be able to unbrick it without a hardmod if that would happen. I am waiting like a few more for a9lh to get more features before i try to update stage 1 or an updater for that.
Pls correct me if i am wrong in the a9lh thread information gets burried fast and i don´t know if there is more recent stuff about that.

Dennis G

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
For that Version you will have to reinstall it on a 9.2nand like you installed the original a9lh. That will reinstall a9lh and has a small chance to brick your device and you wont be able to unbrick it without a hardmod if that would happen. I am waiting like a few more for a9lh to get more features before i try to update stage 1 or an updater for that.
Pls correct me if i am wrong in the a9lh thread information gets burried fast and i don´t know if there is more recent stuff about that.
i used the 3dsx that you get from compiling, so i'd have to run sysnand 9.2 homebrew launcher and run the 3dsx, but when i do that i keep getting stuck at exploiting arm9... =C

Serphirot

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
i used the 3dsx that you get from compiling, so i'd have to run sysnand 9.2 homebrew launcher and run the 3dsx, but when i do that i keep getting stuck at exploiting arm9... =C
That is normal and could have happend with the first a9lh you installed allready. If that happens simply reboot and try again.

Dennis G

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
If ur using aureinand u need to boot using the 9.x firm.
what is the difference between booting with R+A and L+A, both get's me to 9.2 sysnand and both can run unsigned stuff like homebrew launcher cia and devmenu

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Okay this is odd, booting L + A key's on aureinand boot worked (got installing stage 1 + stage 2 + more stuff ending up with black screen) and R +a diden't but now i've installed the new version but still if i enabled the 3ds without sd it just stays on the blue light, what ? :c

Omg noo, even when i put the sd card in and enable my 3ds its stuck at a blackscreen, please don't let it be bricked.

suhaib10

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
what is the difference between booting with R+A and L+A, both get's me to 9.2 sysnand and both can run unsigned stuff like homebrew launcher cia and devmenu

Okay this is odd, booting L + A key's on aureinand boot worked (got installing stage 1 + stage 2 + more stuff ending up with black screen) and R +a diden't but now i've installed the new version but still if i enabled the 3ds without sd it just stays on the blue light, what ? :c

Holding L uses the 9.x firm while holding R uses the 10.x firm(mainly used for emunand or running games that require a higher firm on 9.2 SYSNand).

Strange mine turns off with no sd with the latest commits. Did you use dark_samus repo?

Serphirot

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
When your main nand is the emunand than you boot with L into sysnand with the 9.x firm and with R with the 10.x firm. As far as I know the firm file you boot with decides what Homebrew you can use and games you can play. Arm9 code has to be loaded with 9.x because that doesn´t support newer firm files.

Dennis G

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
yes i did but i think my 3ds just got bricked.

i compiled dark samus new version and used the arm9loaderhax.3dsx from 9.2 sysnand homebrew launcher got it installing it did stage 1 + 2 + some other stuff then it blackscreened. after 10 seconds i just rebooted the 3ds and now it doessn't boot anymore, when i powerbutton it just stuck at blue light and blackscreen.

anyone can confirm that this is brick behavior?

suhaib10

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

i compiled dark samus new version and used the arm9loaderhax.3dsx from 9.2 sysnand homebrew launcher got it installing it did stage 1 + 2 + some other stuff then it blackscreened. after 10 seconds i just rebooted the 3ds and now it doessn't boot anymore, when i powerbutton it just stuck at blue light and blackscreen.

Damn, got a hardmod?

Maybe recheck the sd if the payload is there....

Serphirot

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The

Do you have the sd card in it and arm9loaderhax.bin file you use to boot on the root of it? To test if it bricked just try to boot without the sd in it if it turns of than you didn´t bricked it.
Edit: Sorry my mistake it should shutdown with the sd in it and no arm9loaderhax.bin file.

Last edited by Serphirot,

Dennis G

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Damn, got a hardmod?

Maybe recheck the sd if the payload is there....
i did even installed clean version of aureinand without ctrboot and stuff nope nothing, and i don't have a hardmod, but could probally do one, i would only need it once i guess

Do you have the sd card in it and arm9loaderhax.bin file you use to boot on the root of it? To test if it bricked just try to boot without the sd in it if it turns of than you didn´t bricked it.
when i boot without sd it does the same thing just black screen with blue light on, with the sd card exacly the same behavior

ManuelKoegler

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Quick question:
Outside of the obvious (coldbooting quickly) has there been any progress to A9LH outside of loading Decrypt9 and CTRboot9 at boot? Any new features?

suhaib10

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
i did even installed clean version of aureinand without ctrboot and stuff nope nothing, and i don't have a hardmod, but could probally do one, i would only need it once i guess

when i boot without sd it does the same thing just black screen with blue light on, with the sd card exacly the same behavior
Does recovery mode work?

If it does u could probably downgrade again if you have cn or oot

Last edited by suhaib10,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: But my 3DS is loaded with emulators and 3DS games and DS games and GBA games probably thousands...