ARM11 error, how to fix without SD card?

wongbacc

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I purchased an already modded new 3ds xl back in 2019. It has Luma3Ds v10.0.1 configuration. I accidently went into the store online and updated firmware. Now getting the ARM11 error when I turn on the 3DS. I tried to find solution on my own reading many threads. But, most mentioned update to 10.2.1 on SD card. Issue for me is, my modded 3DS works without a SD card, or at least I never used. Is there a simple fix or restore back to original settings?

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I purchased an already modded new 3ds xl back in 2019. It has Luma3Ds v10.0.1 configuration. I accidently went into the store online and updated firmware. Now getting the ARM11 error when I turn on the 3DS. I tried to find solution on my own reading many threads. But, most mentioned update to 10.2.1 on SD card. Issue for me is, my modded 3DS works without a SD card, or at least I never used. Is there a simple fix or restore back to original settings?
You will need a MicroSD card. You can flash the new Luma3DS.firm to NAND after updating. Luma3DS will prefer to load from SD so if you put the latest version on the SD it should load it. What is the purpose of a modded 3DS without a SD card though? You can't install any games...

Reactions: KleinesSinchen

KleinesSinchen

GBAtemp's Backup Reminder + Fearless Testing Sina
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
What is the purpose of a modded 3DS without a SD card though? You can't install any games...
Out of region cartridge loading. Install DSiWare. That's about everything to gain from Luma without SD.
Even an unmodded 3DS, even one without eShop games, should have an SD for extdata (Home Menu and games). This is why any 2|3DS comes with an SD from factory on.

Get an SD if non is present in the console. Remember than only FAT32 file system is supported. This should do it (if the SD reader works normally):
https://3ds.hacks.guide/restoring-updating-cfw

Good luck and have fun!

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Out of region cartridge loading. Install DSiWare. That's about everything to gain from Luma without SD.
Even an unmodded 3DS, even one without eShop games, should have an SD for extdata (Home Menu and games). This is why any 2|3DS comes with an SD from factory on.

Get an SD if non is present in the console. Remember than only FAT32 file system is supported. This should do it (if the SD reader works normally):
https://3ds.hacks.guide/restoring-updating-cfw

Good luck and have fun!
How are you going to install anything, you can't even load FBI without a SD card?
Unless you mean legit games but I doubt he bought a modded console to install legit DSiWare...

Reactions: KleinesSinchen

KleinesSinchen

GBAtemp's Backup Reminder + Fearless Testing Sina
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
How are you going to install anything, you can't even load FBI without a SD card?
Goes off-topic.

I think we can agree on: @wongbacc has to get an SD to get their console working again.

But… I couldn't resist and tried it
I can't tell you a way to prepare the following without SD (same for the B9S installation – so an SD must have been used at some point).

Starting FBI and installing DSiWare without SD works just fine:
  • Inject FBI into H&S app ← Needs SD
From this point on I removed the SD:
  • Start FBI from Home Menu
  • Start "Boop" on PC, select DSiWare file(s)
  • FBI remote install
  • Play "Shantae Risky's Revenge"
Makes no sense but it is possible.

Unless you mean legit games but I doubt he bought a modded console to install legit DSiWare...
Why not? My modded 2DS is full of legit DSiWare and legit 3DS eShop downloads. Not everybody uses homebrew/CFW/emulators for illegal copies.

Reactions: The Real Jdbye

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it's been a while since I've messed with the 3ds, at least testing stuff, but I think godmod can be launched without an sd card, but I'm not sure about its scripts. problem is that the script for putting luma on the ctrnand relies on taking it from the sd card. what might be nice is if godmode had an ftp option of some sort to where you could replace the ctrnand luma without an sd card.

ack

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it's been a while since I've messed with the 3ds, at least testing stuff, but I think godmod can be launched without an sd card, but I'm not sure about its scripts. problem is that the script for putting luma on the ctrnand relies on taking it from the sd card. what might be nice is if godmode had an ftp option of some sort to where you could replace the ctrnand luma without an sd card.
why? nearly everyone has a sd card

Kwyjor

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
it's been a while since I've messed with the 3ds, at least testing stuff, but I think godmod can be launched without an sd card
You would have to flash Godmode9 to the ntrboot cart itself. I'm not sure if that's still supported – I vaguely recall that it was, once, but most flashcarts do not have sufficient space.

Reactions: godreborn

DanielFRdz_

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
You will need a MicroSD card. You can flash the new Luma3DS.firm to NAND after updating. Luma3DS will prefer to load from SD so if you put the latest version on the SD it should load it. What is the purpose of a modded 3DS without a SD card though? You can't install any games...
Thank u very much. This page helped me more than the Nintendo Official Page.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-