Hacking Arm11 (core 0) / data abort / Translation - Section

dndumbest

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just recently modded my 3DS using 3ds.hacks.guide and have been playing Pokemon Moon yet for some reason every time I scroll through the GTS trade an error screen with the words I used for the title show up. I've checked some reddit posts and posts from this website, following their instructions, making sure my Luma3DS is up to date, but the error keep showing up, can somebody please help?

Attachments

• IMG_3117.jpeg
    IMG_3117.jpeg
    23 KB · Views: 95

Kwyjor

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I've checked some reddit posts and posts from this website, following their instructions
Don't you think it would be helpful if you provided more details regarding the instructions you followed?

Are you playing from a cartridge, or from your SD card? Because if you're playing from your SD card, then a faulty SD card tends to be a likely culprit.

Reactions: CoolMe

CoolMe

"Who am i, what am i?"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just recently modded my 3DS using 3ds.hacks.guide and have been playing Pokemon Moon yet for some reason every time I scroll through the GTS trade an error screen with the words I used for the title show up. I've checked some reddit posts and posts from this website, following their instructions, making sure my Luma3DS is up to date, but the error keep showing up, can somebody please help?
Try uninstalling the game then redownload/reinstall it from the eShop or from a different source (if it's illegitimate). If the result is the same, you might need to check your sdcard for errors with h2testw as mentioned. Specially if you're having errors like that with other games too..

dndumbest

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Don't you think it would be helpful if you provided more details regarding the instructions you followed?

Are you playing from a cartridge, or from your SD card? Because if you're playing from your SD card, then a faulty SD card tends to be a likely culprit.
Ahhh, I'm so sorry I'm using Pokemon Moon from an sd card downloaded off of the hshop but the error screen for some reason has only ever shown on the GTS feature, playing the game runs totally fine.
The only instructions I followed were seed importing the game and redownloading Luma
Try uninstalling the game then redownload/reinstall it from the eShop or from a different source (if it's illegitimate).
I'm worried that uninstalling could reset my save data. I do have the Checkpoint program though so is that not an issue. Also I can't seem to find a Mac replacement for the sd card check which means idk if i can check it. Also, the error doesn't seem to show up anywhere BUT the GTS screen which is the weird part.

EDIT: apologies but this skipped my mind, the sd card i got was directly bought from a Best Buy but idk if that'll help

Last edited by dndumbest,

Kwyjor

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

dndumbest

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't think you looked very hard...?
Remember that your SD card has to be completely blank before you test it.
Bad SD cards can come from anywhere.
oops, sorry I guess I really didnt check the most obvious spot. Anyways I just ran the test, SD card completely cleared with all of the files saved to my computer and, it said it was good.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2023-03-15 at 10.37.28 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2023-03-15 at 10.37.28 AM.png
    49.8 KB · Views: 50

CoolMe

"Who am i, what am i?"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm worried that uninstalling could reset my save data. I do have the Checkpoint program though so is that not an issue.
Back up both the save and the extdata with Checkpoint and you have nothing to worry about. You restore back if they're removed.
Also, the error doesn't seem to show up anywhere BUT the GTS screen which is the weird part.
Which is why i think it's a corruption of some sort, probably just that game, and reinstalling it again should fix it..
Anyways I just ran the test, SD card completely cleared with all of the files saved to my computer and, it said it was good.
Good. Format it as FAT32 32kb clusters and put your data back on it. Uninstall the game and reinstall again (DL from a different source if possible).

dndumbest

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Back up both the save and the extdata with Checkpoint and you have nothing
to worry about. You restore back if they're removed.
It's all been saved to checkpoint so tysm.
Which is why i think it's a corruption of some sort, probably just that game, and reinstalling it again should fix it..
I re-downloaded moon using GodMode and my cartritge so I hope that might fix the issue since I think i originally used hshop i think
Good. Format it as FAT32 32kb clusters and put your data back on it. Uninstall the game and reinstall again (DL from a different source if possible).
Okay, I used the 3ds.hacks.guide and disk utility on the mac to set my disk as MS-DOS (FAT32) but i don't know how to do the 32kb clusters thing so I hope this was it.
After doing all of this the error menu still seems to be popping up sorry.

Kwyjor

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
If you have a cartridge, why not just run the game from the cartridge..? Does it work that way?

Now that I think about it some more, wasn't there a serious problem with hackers uploading corrupt data to the GTS such that everyone's console always crashes while scrolling the GTS? I haven't been following the news very closely.

dndumbest

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you have a cartridge, why not just run the game from the cartridge..? Does it work that way?
I know it sounds kinda dumb but Im running a soullock w/ a friend but I still wanted to freely play so I wanted to use a downloaded version also, if i ever want to have moon and another game i can use the online version and then a seperate cartridge.
Now that I think about it some more, wasn't there a serious problem with hackers uploading corrupt data to the GTS such that everyone's console always crashes while scrolling the GTS? I haven't been following the news very closely.
If that's the case and it's unsolvable then thank you both sm for helping me out and sorry for wasting your time.

CoolMe

"Who am i, what am i?"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I re-downloaded moon using GodMode and my cartritge so I hope that might fix the issue since I think i originally used hshop i think
You're sure you used the hshop and not your cartridge dump? Also, by "downloading moon using GodMode9" you mean installing the cartridge to the home menu with GodMode9, right? Try it, specially if you didn't install the game this way the first time.
Okay, I used the 3ds.hacks.guide and disk utility on the mac to set my disk as MS-DOS (FAT32) but i don't know how to do the 32kb clusters thing so I hope this was it.
After doing all of this the error menu still seems to be popping up sorry.
The fat32 32kb clusters formatting you could do that with a different tool than the one you check the sd card with, i'm sure there's one for Macs..
If that's the case and it's unsolvable then thank you both sm for helping me out and sorry for wasting your time.
It's not unsolvable. While the GTS has been filled with hacked Pokémons for years now, i don't think it's supposed to give you an Arm11 error, but that's just my guess, it should give you throw you out from the GTS or giving you some error instead of crashing the whole game.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: (i was allowed to do that)