OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
inuscreepystuff.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
Etrian Odyssey is too hard. All the monsters are too overpowered, and my medic runs out of TP for cure in about three battles. All of my party members end up dying really quickly. I've never finished the first mission.... But I like this game... Even though I hated The Dark Spire, which is so similar I wonder why I even like Etrian Odyssey. But....

Is there an easier version of Etrian Odyssey? Or a way to finish the first mission?

EDIT: Sorry about the topic title. I didn't know what to put there.

Inunah

The Female Mistaken for a Male.
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United States
emigre said:
I found SMT: Strange Journey more managable than EO.
I never liked SMT games.....
frown.gif

emigre

Deck head
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
But SMT games are brilliant. One of the few RPGs to keep me interested these days. If you have a PS2, you could try out Persona 3 or 4> Personally I found them more accessable than SMT:SJ.

Leo Cantus

So zeta slow!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
emigre said:
But SMT games are brilliant. One of the few RPGs to keep me interested these days. If you have a PS2, you could try out Persona 3 or 4> Personally I found them more accessable than SMT:SJ.
Or if you have a PSP, definitely pick up Persona 3 portable

Inunah

OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United States
emigre said:
Meh, I have no money. Plus, all the SMT games I've seen are them fucking horrible strategy type games that I loathe more than life itself. Suicide or play strategy games on DS? Suicide.
tongue.gif

smile72

NewsBot
Trophies
XP
Country
Have you bought any armor or weapons? They greatly help. But if you have then battle until you reach level 2 or 3, but stay close to the exit, yes this is tedious and time tasking but it will allow you to map out the first floor as then you'll be strong enough to walk around without having to fret over dying quickly.Though I advise you never to leave the Labyrinth until you have enough En to rest at the inn. I'm assuming of course that you just started the game.

GaryStargazer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes the best cure for your problem is just to grind levels and get some better equipment like smile72 suggested. EO is just one of those games where you have to pace yourself and really take the time to power up your chars or you get the crap kicked out of you.

I've not played 3 yet but if it's anything like the others, watch out for the FOE's as well, those fights are always unfair when you first run into them.

Inunah

OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United States
Argh, I hate grinding... This is why I never got past the fire dungeon on FFIIIDS. Hell, I'm overleveled on that by ten levels and I was still too weak.
tongue.gif

But that's beside the point.

Meh, I never had enough En to get weapons or armor. And if I did, I was too far away from the exit to get out of the labyrinth without dying.

I'll try SMT:SJ.

Also, I did once get my characters to Level 2.... But they still sucked a bunch of ass.

EDIT: Also, what's that stream for? Does it fully heal your characters?

smile72

NewsBot
Trophies
XP
Country
You have to have patience. Otherwise you'll quickly lose interest in the game. The first level of any stratum in the game is hard because the enemies are stronger, and your weapons aren't as effective. But the first level is particularly hard because you have not much money and you're only level one. Grinding is the key to victory!!!!!!! And sometimes defeat. But nonetheless the only way to progress is to grind!!!

smile72

NewsBot
Trophies
XP
Country
Not sure what to say then. If you don't like grinding RPG's generally are a bad idea. Though I would recommend Chrono Trigger, not similar in any way to Etrian Odyssey (except for both being in the RPG genre). There is very minimal grinding. And it can be completed within a reasonable amount of time.

Inunah

OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United States
smile72 said:
Not sure what to say then. If you don't like grinding RPG's generally are a bad idea. Though I would recommend Chrono Trigger, not similar in any way to Etrian Odyssey (except for both being in the RPG genre). There is very minimal grinding. And it can be completed within a reasonable amount of time.
LOL I'm playing Chrono Trigger right now. LOL
I'll just keep playing RPGs... I guess I'll get used to grinding.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
  • Xdqwerty
    what are you looking at?
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @BakerMan, I think you're talking about the recovery mode that the SaveMii used, and also was to...