Gaming Are you worried that skyward sword will fail with WiiMotion+?

• Thread starter Deleted User
  • Start date
  • Views 7,941
  • Replies 65

CarbonX13

GBAtemp 台灣人
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Taiwan
shlong said:
Bladexdsl said:
i hope there's no fishing PERIOD
eww~~~
/immaturity
From the E3 game play...it looked half-decent, it needs a lot of improvement imho.
The E3 demo was basically a bunch of objects tossed into the environment intended to show off some basic gameplay mechanics... some sites said in the previews that the boss they faced in the demo actually appeared in an entirely unrelated level, and that the E3 demo world was just built quickly for the reason of showing the game off.

mameks

in memoriam of gravitas
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
CarbonX13 said:
shlong said:
Bladexdsl said:
i hope there's no fishing PERIOD
eww~~~
/immaturity
From the E3 game play...it looked half-decent, it needs a lot of improvement imho.
The E3 demo was basically a bunch of objects tossed into the environment intended to show off some basic gameplay mechanics... some sites said in the previews that the boss they faced in the demo actually appeared in an entirely unrelated level, and that the E3 demo world was just built quickly for the reason of showing the game off.
Ah, that explains it then :3
Although...the movement-based controls looked kinda...
wink2.gif

SubliminalSegue

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Bladexdsl said:
if all you care about is gfx than you shouldn't be playing wii games

I hope that wasn't referenced towards me. Cause if it is, I'm not basing it off it's graphics. I'm basing it off the fact that there hasn't been a GREAT Zelda since OoT. Windwaker kinda makes it in there, seeing as though I liked it more than OoT.

D

Deleted-188346

OP
Controls will be fine.
Let us all pray, however, for the inclusion of quality sidequests and the same replayability of OoT, MM, and WW.

D

Deleted User

OP
Puppy_Washer said:
Controls will be fine.
Let us all pray, however, for the inclusion of quality sidequests and the same replayability of OoT, MM, and WW.
This., Nintendo lately has been bringing back a lot of their "hardcore" games and they all have been a blast, I'm hoping for another 98/99 Metacritic Zelda game.

1stsinn

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
WM+ isnt going to hurt it, but I do think it will be a "failure".

IMO each LoZ since OoT has progressivly gotten worse and worse. NowIm notsaying its going to be bad, but I dont have much hope for it being great.

KinGamer7

Trophies
XP
Country
1stsinn said:
WM+ isnt going to hurt it, but I do think it will be a "failure".

IMO each LoZ since OoT has progressivly gotten worse and worse. NowIm notsaying its going to be bad, but I dont have much hope for it being great.

I personally feel that Majora's Mask is the best Zelda title in the entire series. Wind Waker was also incredibly fun to play, whereas Twilight Princess felt like it was lacking that charm that other Zelda games have. It's quite hard to put my finger on what it missed..

As for Skyward Sword, I'll remain skeptical after the disappointment of Twilight Princess. It was a decent game, but it's definitely not my favourite.

Clydefrosch

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
i liked twilight princess... i mean, the bosses were kinda not what I expected from a zeldagame, but appart from that, i liked it.
i'd put TP over WW any day... though i liked WW too, i never made it through a second time, due to that retarded trifocrce map part of the game

also, who couldnt love midna? :3 she deserved spinoffs i tell you

oh yeah, on topic, i'd like it if there were like 2 modes to play that, one with wm+ to play around and one, where you have more easy and cheapish controls... you know, so that you can still play it easily while sitting in a chair or when you're tired

dragon574444

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I loved the Wind Waker. The world felt huge and the game was very immersive. Twilight Princess lacked that feeling, the game was much more linear. You never "feel like you are Link." Ocarina of Time was a lot of fun, the dungeons were my favorite. Not sure why. Never played Majoras Mask, and I don't think you can really compare the 2D games to the 3D ones.

Skyward Sword doesn't look too impressive from what I've seen. I've been wrong many times before, of course, and I hope I'm wrong. If the game comes with a wiimote with WM+, I'll pick the game up for sure. If not...we'll see.

MEGAMANTROTSKY

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The only concern I have with MotionPlus is that it will not be able to surpass the feeling of an enhanced gimmick. I only have this concern because of how Twilight Princess's "Wolf Link" was only useful for those horrendous "Tears of Light" side-quests and a couple of forced obstacles (the Tear of Light, in my opinion accounted for what dragon574444 said about linearity). Likewise, I fear that the MotionPlus controls will only be useful for an enhanced waggle.

But I'm not completely sure. I don't know much about the MotionPlus hardware or what else it's capable of.

Arfiol

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
dbproject.hostoi.com
XP
Country
I'm really looking forward to Skyward Sword, as Zelda's always been my favourite franchise.
I would much prefer to play the game with a classic Gamecube controller, but I think playing it with the WM+ will be a neat experience. After all, Nintendo always try new and refreshing concepts, and usually learn from their mistakes.
If the game's controls turn out to be horrendous, then hey, at least they learned that for the next game.

D

Deleted User

OP
The thing that I don't like about it is the fact when I play a Zelda game, I like to play it for hours on end.
Having to stand up t roll a bomb is going to get annoying as fuck, Honestly tho, I want to play with an n64 controller.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
brandonspikes said:
The thing that I don't like about it is the fact when I play a Zelda game, I like to play it for hours on end.
Having to stand up t roll a bomb is going to get annoying as fuck, Honestly tho, I want to play with an n64 controller.

I've played a majority of Red Steel 2 sitting down. Although it's much better played standing up. But you do definitely have a point. It'll probably be something you'll have to play for a bit, take a break, then play for another bit.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Damn missed this one...