Hardware Are you going to buy the 3DS now?

Pyrmon

Burnin' Monkey Love
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
To me,, 3D is completely useless and IMO just feels weird. It holds absolutely no entertainment value to me. If I had a 3DS, I would put the slider to the off position after five minutes of "wow, it's in 3D". That's why I call it a gimmick. The dual screens and the touch screen on the 3DS(and DS) wasn't a gimmick as it made possible the creation of unique and more creative games. In most instances though, it wasn't useful to me. I prefer real physical buttons most of the time. You also need to consider that the poor sales of the 3DS and it's limited collection of interesting games give some gloom to the overall future of the handheld.
Personally, with the current state of things, I have to say the PSVita just seems better to me. But since I won't buy either until a year or two from now, I knowledge things can change.
And I would hardly call dual analog sticks a gimmick.

koimayeul

Trophies
XP
Country
France
machomuu said:
koimayeul said:
machomuu said:
koimayeul said:
I won't, maybe if there is a XL revision and way more ORIGINAL games (i'm not talking link and mario saving there dumb princess for the xxx time here) also, homebrew enabling with sexy emulators would be neat, then i just might re-consider a buy
Do you know the meaning of original, in your own words? I have the distinct feeling that you don't.
In this case i mean a new gaming experience offered by nintendo big staff and not the usual re-hash of their almost 3 decades licences, this is nothing i qualify as original anymore
But that freshness might come from 3rd party dev in the future so let see
smile.gif
So you don't think Super Mario Galaxy was original?
I guess it is, if it doesn't use the same old plot and feature a whole lot of new gameplay mechanics, but i don't own a wii and never seen this game run even, sorry >

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dickfour said:
I'm really pissed off at Nintendo right now. They seem to do everything for the Japanese market and nothing for the US or EU. Fine then they can rely of Japan for all their sales. I want a good color. How about the red that they released for the Japanese market that we haven't got yet? How about some good games? Do a better job at localizing titles faster. Seriously why would I even consider buying a 3ds even after the price drop. Give me what I want and I'll buy one. The price is just one of the reasons I wasn't buying.
Wat...What...What? What the heck are you talking about? Other than the color, what does any of that other stuff have to do with Nintendo and how does it at all imply that they are focusing on the Japanese market?

Whipple

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think that many are getting hung up on the gimmick issue and missing the big picture.

I purchased a 3DS on the release day!
I returned it three days later.....

Read your End User License Agreement!!!
This is a binding legal agreement that affects you (or your parents).
If you think it is unimportant you may want to view the first episode of South Park season 15 titled HUMANCENTiPAD. (available for free streaming from SouthParkStudios)
It is so easy to become complacent about EULA and simply click to get the application installed.

HOWEVER, in the case of the Nintendo 3DS EULA there are some extinuating considerations.
You grant Nintendo the right to transparently and passively collect usage information from your 3DS.
Every 3DS that goes online can be uniquely identified. While Nintendo does not collect personal information directly from your DS they do reserve the right to pair it up with other information.
This means if you ever go to the online DS store and purchase even a free item, Nintendo has all your personal information that can be linked to your individual 3DS.

This is not good, but there is something else that is unique to the 3DS - the end user cannot modify or delete the system usage data.

What this all means is that you have a device that is freely exchanging information with other DS3s and Nintendo that can conceivably be tied to you as an individual.
Is this a bad thing? Is personal information a cause for concern? You are the one to make that decision.

You think this is unimportant? Remember Google is your friend!
Metallica fans on Napster - June '00
Brianna LaHara (and her Mother) and the RIAA - Sept. '03

T-hug

Always like this.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
GBAtemp.net
XP
tagzard said:
Well many of you heard that there is a PRICE but!!! And many people didn't buy it because it cost so much. Well now for all of those who didn't buy it. Are you going to buy it now? I will. But on ebay for 100 bucks. How about you?

I played one in GAME last week and it was Zelda, 5 minutes in I bought it. I got the game and the 3DS for £199 So I wonder how much cheaper it'll be... £179?

When I bought it I even asked the guy if I could buy some of the limited editions and he gave me 2!!! Investment for when my son when he is my age:
2011-07-30%2019.16.21.jpg

Oh at btw I LUUUUURVE SCDS2!!!

gloweyjoey

who??
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Whipple said:
I think that many are getting hung up on the gimmick issue and missing the big picture.

I purchased a 3DS on the release day!
I returned it three days later.....

Read your End User License Agreement!!!
This is a binding legal agreement that affects you (or your parents).
If you think it is unimportant you may want to view the first episode of South Park season 15 titled HUMANCENTiPAD. (available for free streaming from SouthParkStudios)
It is so easy to become complacent about EULA and simply click to get the application installed.

HOWEVER, in the case of the Nintendo 3DS EULA there are some extinuating considerations.
You grant Nintendo the right to transparently and passively collect usage information from your 3DS.
Every 3DS that goes online can be uniquely identified. While Nintendo does not collect personal information directly from your DS they do reserve the right to pair it up with other information.
This means if you ever go to the online DS store and purchase even a free item, Nintendo has all your personal information that can be linked to your individual 3DS.

This is not good, but there is something else that is unique to the 3DS - the end user cannot modify or delete the system usage data.

What this all means is that you have a device that is freely exchanging information with other DS3s and Nintendo that can conceivably be tied to you as an individual.
Is this a bad thing? Is personal information a cause for concern? You are the one to make that decision.

You think this is unimportant? Remember Google is your friend!
Metallica fans on Napster - June '00
Brianna LaHara (and her Mother) and the RIAA - Sept. '03
The gimmick thing is more that people are picking and choosing their own definition of gimmick.

This whole personal information thing is pretty stupid too. I mean, Nintendo already has my address so not worried about them knowing that, and im not gonna take pictures of illegal activities with the thing, so what can Nintendo know that can conceivably be tied to me? I play too many video games, that's what.

Nepeta

:33
Trophies
Website
twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
matt1freek said:
I held off not due to the price but because a zelda game i've already beat several times does not make it worth it.
Maybe once Cave Story and Shin Megami Tensei are out.... kinda lame i wont be getting those gba and nes games though. Nice incentive i think.
This price drop, slow sales and the rumours about Iwata and other exec's taking pay cuts... damn do we have another virtual boy on our hands? perhaps Iwata will end up going the way of Gunpei

My ass. Don't even dare comparing it to the Virtual Boy, it's NOTHING like that. Not to mention, the 3DS has sold 5mil units already and the Virtual Boy only sold 700,000.

gay_unicorn666

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So couldn't someone buy the 3DS on August 11, log into the eshop to receive eligibility for the game downloads, then return to the store the next day to get a price adjustment for the difference?

Slyakin

See ya suckers
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
gay_unicorn666 said:
So couldn't someone buy the 3DS on August 11, log into the eshop to receive eligibility for the game downloads, then return to the store the next day to get a price adjustment for the difference?
I'm pretty sure that stores have been alerted of this possibility.

basher11

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
probably will. i know someone who could have gotten me a 3DS for $160 for the $250 price tag but after the price drop i could probably get it wayyy cheaper
biggrin.gif

TheDarkSeed

I'm a pretentious sack of shit
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I will not be guying a 3DS because the design looks very unappealing to me. I'll buy the 3DS as soon as a revision comes out assuming it isn't fugly.

What I'm hoping for is a design similar to the Kyocera Echo

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://gfuel.com/products/goth-gf-collectors-box?utm_source=Klaviyo_campaign&utm_medium=email&ut...