Gaming Are you buying Golden Sun Dark Dawn?

BoxShot

Chiyo-chan :3
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I probably will buy it.
smile.gif
Bought the other two so why not.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nope.

Never found the first or second game all that awesome. It was just a good RPG game that was like every other good RPG. It hardly stands out for me. Besides I haven't bought a DS game is a long time and I doubt I'll be buying one for the rest of its lifespan. Pirating DS games is just too easy. The only DS game I've ever considered buying that I was able to pirate was Sideswiped because it was an awesome game that probably went forgotten.

Totoy_Kamote

Trophies
XP
Country
Guild McCommunist said:
Nope.

Never found the first or second game all that awesome. It was just a good RPG game that was like every other good RPG. It hardly stands out for me. Besides I haven't bought a DS game is a long time and I doubt I'll be buying one for the rest of its lifespan. Pirating DS games is just too easy. The only DS game I've ever considered buying that I was able to pirate was Sideswiped because it was an awesome game that probably went forgotten.

i love piracy!

mateo245

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
to tell the truth piracy gives us the posibilit to enjoy games that we usually cannot aquire, but still its good to buy one or two games sometimes to support teams that do a good work, a bif example are the mario rpg 3 game, sincerely how much people played it and then bought the original??.

if golden sun is enoughly good ill buy it, i mean i doubt it wil be one of the greatest hits of the ds but it has big posibilities.

omgpwn666

Guy gamer and proud!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would, but I can't even imagine spending money on something I can get for free. I'm just gonna illegally download the game, then put it on my illegal flashcart that I use for pirating games, not backing up games, or playing home brew.
wink.gif

Fel

GBAtemp's Adventurer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
mateo245 said:
to tell the truth piracy gives us the posibilit to enjoy games that we usually cannot aquire, but still its good to buy one or two games sometimes to support teams that do a good work, a bif example are the mario rpg 3 game, sincerely how much people played it and then bought the original??.

if golden sun is enoughly good ill buy it, i mean i doubt it wil be one of the greatest hits of the ds but it has big posibilities.
Man, Golden Sun is THE hit for which everyone is waiting for! Seven years since GS2:TLA and it'll be one of the best games on DS because of it being what it is. Just watch the trailers and gameplay, or go and try out GS 1 and 2 and you'll know what's all the hype about.

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I doubt it. I'm not the biggest Golden Sun fan. I liked them. But eh. I have the money to go buy it, but I'll save it for something else. Maybe down the road I will, but still. I also think the game looks ugly. I don't want to pick it up, and find out I don't want to play it because of the look of it.

Fel

GBAtemp's Adventurer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
ShadowSoldier said:
I doubt it. I'm not the biggest Golden Sun fan. I liked them. But eh. I have the money to go buy it, but I'll save it for something else. Maybe down the road I will, but still. I also think the game looks ugly. I don't want to pick it up, and find out I don't want to play it because of the look of it.
What does make it ugly for you? To me it seems like one of the best 3-D graphics, way better than Suikoden Tierkreis, FF III or the FF spin-offs (Crystal Chronicles).

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm not a fan of the 3D type looks used for DS games. I'm not a graphics whore, it's just that level of looks makes it look ugly for me.

I would've preferred it if it was the classic 2Dish type.

Sterling

GBAtemp's Silver Hero
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
monkat said:
Not sure. I tried to play the first one, but didn't like it much.
Sometimes it's hard to pick up an old game you never played before. Especially since we all get spoiled by graphics now a days. GS 1 & 2 had sub par graphics to begin with. I found it hard to revisit them, even after beating both at least three times three years after they came out.

I have already reserved it. The 30th cannot come too soon.

Believe it or not, I called the next sequel to be on the next handheld. Turns out I was narrowly right.

Berthenk

Epitome of Awesomeness
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Sterl500 said:
GS 1 & 2 had sub par graphics to begin with.
Really? I found the first two games had great graphics.

QUOTE(Sterl500 @ Nov 5 2010, 08:46 PM) I have already reserved it. The 30th cannot come too soon.
Yeah, too bad my flux capacitor is broken...

Sterling

GBAtemp's Silver Hero
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Berthenk said:
Sterl500 said:
GS 1 & 2 had sub par graphics to begin with.
Really? I found the first two games had great graphics.
I definitely saw better 2D graphics for the GBA on several different games. GS 1 & 2 had extremely pixelated sprites, and environments. Back then it really didn't matter, but after revisiting them, I can see all these problems.

EDIT: Oh yea, it still doesn't matter. They are still the some of greatest games of my childhood.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: @BigOnYa, FarCry 5 is an awesome game with multiple endings!