Hacking Are these things normal after the softmii hack?

Wiiownzzz

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1. If Wii is off and you press the "eject" button the Wii turns on and then you have to press it again in order for the disc to come out.

2. The homebrew channel intro must finish before starting the actual channel.

3. Standby light is never yellow even if connected to the internet, always red when off.

4. When grabbing a channel to move it it makes a scratching sound. (I actually don't remember if it did this before)

5. When going to settings it takes a longer than usual and you hear the setting pop up before it shows.

*6. (ONLY HAPPENED ONCE BUT TO SCARED TO TRY AGAIN) Playing a game (Disc channel) and then exited by pressing the Home button and then going to the Wii menu, after that I shut off my Wii and turned it back on, There was a white screen for a few seconds then a black one. I could hear the Wii and go to the channels but the screen color would change according to what channel I was on. Homebrew channel = blue and Mii channel = made it white.

*Number 6 only happened when I exited a game through the home button, it never happened again after that.

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
1. happens to me too
2. Maybe, never had any prob with it
3. Turn on stanby internet in the settings, if it is on it might be a preloader issue
4. It shouldn't make a sound at all
5. I usually have that too, dunno why
6. Uh, what?

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
1. If Wii is off and you press the "eject" button the Wii turns on and then you have to press it again in order for the disc to come out.
that's because preloader I think

yes the conversion to cIOS make the channels have a little delay to start

3. Standby light is never yellow even if connected to the internet, always red when off.
Preloader again

4. When grabbing a channel to move it it makes a scratching sound. (I actually don't remember if it did this before)
you didn't notice it before

5. When going to settings it takes a longer than usual and you hear the setting pop up before it shows.
again the conversion of cIOS

*6. (ONLY HAPPENED ONCE BUT TO SCARED TO TRY AGAIN) Playing a game (Disc channel) and then exited by pressing the Home button and then going to the Wii menu, after that I shut off my Wii and turned it back on, There was a white screen for a few seconds then a black one. I could hear the Wii and go to the channels but the screen color would change according to what channel I was on. Homebrew channel = blue and Mii channel = made it white.
That my friend I think as only happened to you but that must be because of the SysMenu having troubles to boot properly

Just an advice, if you are too scared because of this and want to get rid of:
NEVER EVER EVER EVER DELETE ANY FILE
ok..?
sure..?
did you understand step 1..?
well now just make sure no one is using the internet conection and perform an update to 3.4, do not even have the PC ON, windoze always is looking for updates.
when it finishes, if you have Gamma Launcher you can continue using it, and ig don't want it anymore, just use the cIOS Uninstaller 1.1 and then just delete the HBC thru the Wii Settings, and you're done, you'll be back to a "sinless Wii"
laugh.gif

Golfman560

TheRapist.com
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
1. Happens to me too, I think if you have Preloader it does that.
2. Supposed to happen.
3. Preloader again, version 0.27 kinda fixes it but not fully fixed.
4. Never really lsitened to the sound.
5. Not sure
6. Huh?

Wiiownzzz

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ether2802 -I don't want to virginize my Wii I love softmii. I'm thinking that the reason #6 happened was that either (1) I was playing a red steel backup and I didn't patch the IOS or (2) I accidentally installed preloader twice, used the hack removal thing then reinstalled it upgraded to preloader .27.

Brian117

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wiiownzzz said:
*Number 6 only happened when I exited a game through the home button, it never happened again after that.

1. That's like that for every Wii. Don't worry.
2. I think I know what you're talking about. When you click the HBC channel, and when you hit Start, you have to wait a little while for it to load, correct? I think the slow loading is due to the Wii still reading the Game Disc. And loading it via the Disc Channel. Wait for everything to load then try.
3. That you can fix through the Wii settings. Go under, Settings->Internet->Wiiconnect24-> Standby Connection->On.
4. Same as me. Don't worry. It's always done that to me. It's normal.
5. Once again, might be due to the Wii still reading the Game Disc. Wait till the disc is loaded and try again.
6. That I can't answer. Never had that problem before. I could try it later on my Wii and see.

/2cents

Wiiownzzz

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Brian117 said:
Wiiownzzz said:

2. I think I know what you're talking about. When you click the HBC channel, and when you hit Start, you have to wait a little while for it to load, correct? I think the slow loading is due to the Wii still reading the Game Disc. And loading it via the Disc Channel. Wait for everything to load then try.

/2cents

Yes that's exactly what it does, hit start and it waits there about to where the water fills all the way then goes to the channel. I'm glad that most of these problems are normal because yeah lol, i dont want a demented Wii.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/K-Gqyv0gkHc?si=nGlIcg7Lr7OPfc4a