Are these legal or safe too...

invader_chin

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A - Sell modded NES classic editions on ebay?
B - Sell modding services for NES classics on ebay?

Sorry if its a repost.
Thank you for your time.

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I dunno, is it legal to sell pokemon for the pokemon games on 3DS? Cause i see people actually doing that. :P

While i don't know why or how that is allowed, i just thing is funny. But is doesn't seem right. Especially if they are cheating. Of course i wouldn't buy that.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Well seeing as you would probably be bundling roms no, unless your planning to bundle homebrew nes roms.....even then the author would have to allow reselling of their homebrew games

Basically it's as legal as selling a 3ds packed with pirated games

Or do you just mean paint it and stick blue LED's in it :rofl:

Last edited by gamesquest1,
Reactions: Bubsy Bobcat

Bimmel

~ Game Soundtrack Collector ~
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I dunno, is it legal to sell pokemon for the pokemon games on 3DS? Cause i see people actually doing that. :P

While i don't know why or how that is allowed, i just thing is funny. But is doesn't seem right. Especially if they are cheating. Of course i wouldn't buy that.
That is.. an interesting question. But I would say no to that, too. It's still property of Nintendo, even when it is just a little part of the whole game.

Last edited by Bimmel,

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That is.. an interesting question. But I would say no to that, too. It's still property of Nintendo, even just a little part of it.
Well i didn't think it was okay, I mean selling pokemon. What is this, Team Rocket? :P

But i saw on ebay and google searches that people are actually charging for pokemon. With pictures and everything. I'm not paying $10 for a level 73 Blastoise. :ha:

I mean come on, how bad has scalping gone to, such a low level it makes piracy look innocent to some people. :ninja:

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
That is.. an interesting question. But I would say no to that, too. It's still property of Nintendo, even when it is just a little part of the whole game.
Idk it's more of a grey area, although afaik eBay doesn't allow the sale of non physical goods, so you will notice some listings like that will say "you will recieve a piece of paper with the Pokemon details plus a free Pokemon sent in game" so "technically" your buying the piece of paper, not the pokemon, the pokemon is free with each piece of paper :creep:

Last edited by gamesquest1,
Reactions: Subtle Demise
S

Saiyan Lusitano

It's not legal but there's always sketchy people on eBay trying to sell roms:

zoogie

playing around in the end of life
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Micronesia, Federated States of
The last time I skimmed ebay for NES classics, it seemed every other seller advertised "800 ROMZ included!" or somesuch.
(just checked again, yep. about 50% of them and they charge a steep markup)

If anti-modding laws exist for consoles (99% sure they do) they're not being enforced at all.

Last edited by zoogie,
S

Saiyan Lusitano

The last time I skimmed ebay for NES classics, it seemed every other seller advertised "800 ROMZ included!" or somesuch.
(just checked again, yep. about 50% of them and they charge a steep markup)

If anti-modding laws exist for consoles (99% sure they do) they're not being enforced at all.
I love Pat Contri (Pat the NES Punk) for making consumers aware of these con-sellers but unfortunately the message never makes to the majority of people out there. Even a product of his (the big NES guide book) was scalped on eBay.

Reactions: zoogie

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Looks like a Famicom handheld