Gaming Are these any good as GCN controllers?

AaronZ

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2X-White-...K_Controllers_Attachments&hash=item417009ad53

Just wondering since they're pretty cheap 3rd party unbranded controllers, although one previous buyer gave good feedback for them.

I'd like to use an official GCN controller but I can't find any for sale new anywhere, wouldve been awesome if Nintendo made Classic Controllers with Gamecube ports though. Anyone know any others like those?

My only other option is to get one of those linkers that I can plug in my real Classic Controller but apparently they're not that good (plus those controllers on ebay are cheaper too).

2ndApex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
PlayAsia restocks them from time to time but it looks like you can't find one new for a reasonable price ATM ($70-$90+ at Amazon).

Are you trying to get a new controller or use a GC controller on a new Wii/Wii U/game that's incompatible?

tbgtbg

Shaking the ring ropes up in the sky
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Huh, a non gamestop game store in mall had racks full of them for 20 bucks each back around Christmas. Maybe they still do (I haven't been there since). Real 1st party ones in all sorts of colors. I never had any reason to get any, though.

AaronZ

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
PlayAsia restocks them from time to time but it looks like you can't find one new for a reasonable price ATM ($70-$90+ at Amazon).

Are you trying to get a new controller or use a GC controller on a new Wii/Wii U/game that's incompatible?

I'm looking to get a controller for my Wii to play Gamecube games, preferably two, but yeah the original/official ones are too expensive. I'd rather just use my CC but obviously you can't use the Wii Remote in Gamecube mode.

Huh, a non gamestop game store in mall had racks full of them for 20 bucks each back around Christmas. Maybe they still do (I haven't been there since). Real 1st party ones in all sorts of colors. I never had any reason to get any, though.

That's a damn good price, I'm not from the US though so even if I were to import one the P&P would probably push it above $30.

Was just wondering if anyone had bought any CC-Gamecube controllers like in the OP, I'm a bit skeptical buying controllers off ebay but considering how cheap they are I might just go for it.

2ndApex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm looking to get a controller for my Wii to play Gamecube games, preferably two, but yeah the original/official ones are too expensive. I'd rather just use my CC but obviously you can't use the Wii Remote in Gamecube mode.

That's a damn good price, I'm not from the US though so even if I were to import one the P&P would probably push it above $30.

Was just wondering if anyone had bought any CC-Gamecube controllers like in the OP, I'm a bit skeptical buying controllers off ebay but considering how cheap they are I might just go for it.

Like AaronZ said, local stores are a lot better places to find GC controllers than online stores are. I usually try to pick one up when I see one for around $15 dollars where I live, used controllers are fine as long as they're in like new condition since official GC controllers are seemingly indestructible.

I'd stay far away from 3rd party controllers while you're looking, I've tried and heard of a lot of them and some of the worse ones look identical to the real thing (just look for the "Nintendo Gamecube" text in the middle!) though they're all pretty horrendous.

AaronZ

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
In the UK, in my area at least, there's absolutely nothing Gamecube related anywhere. I'll take a chance with those 3rd party controllers on ebay since I did some searching and there's quite a few sellers on ebay selling them and they're getting positive feedback. Will put a mini review up here when they arrive incase anyone else is wondering about them.

BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Unbranded sounds kinda sketchy. I mean they might sound nice and feel nice when you get them. but my friend got some unbranded ones... the nubs fell off and the buttons stick.

Reactions: EZ-Megaman

DAR CRO

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They're pretty interesting, I'd want one but be a little wary.
I've read on other sites that you should probably clean the insides of the controller before using them, since one person found plastic bits on the rubber contact.

rdurbin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
seems like this one or this one (if you need two) would be a better choice, looks more like a gamecube controller, the other one looks like a classic controller, unless you prefer the classic controller layout

AaronZ

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
seems like this one or this one (if you need two) would be a better choice, looks more like a gamecube controller, the other one looks like a classic controller, unless you prefer the classic controller layout

Yeah I prefer the CC layout tbh, I should be getting them within the next few days.

EDIT: Ok while I remember I'll give a quick review:

Side by side with the official CC it's EXACTLY the same except for the Nintendo and Wii logos (obviously). Instead of the

Select - Home - Start

layout, it's

Slow - Start - Turbo

which at first I didn't realize and thought the controller was messed up at first (but it clearly states under each button so you just gotta get used to pressing the Home button for Start.

The buttons aren't sticking and the sticks feel exactly the same as the CC, only slight problems I had was my Dpad when I press on the right, the sponge underneath doesn't seem as hard if you get that, so it doesn't push down as much as the other directions. This could be a one off though and it's not a big problem, just need to press it a tad harder than usual.

Overall for £4ish it's a VERY good clone of the CC and works pretty much spot on overall. 9/10

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=6aie4t8lZ7k&pp=ygUuaSBhbSBub3QgZ2F5IGJ1dCAyMCBkb2xsYXJzIGlzIDIwIGRv... +1