Hacking Question Are there any legal .nsp games?

210modz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Confirmed: Using my switch as a Coaster will get me banned.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

No? Just keep your switch perm-offline while you're pirating stuff, then restore a clean NAND when you're done. If you really want to go online, you're going to have to pay the Nintendo subscription fee anyway, so you clearly have money to just buy the game.

It makes a great frisbee.

fixingmytoys

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Technically some homebrew NSPs are legal.
Good luck with that, Nintendo dose not care, they look at it as the same as piracy, no matter how you word it or think you found a loop hole Nintendo won’t see the The difference like lots of people said if you want online go for a brand-new clean virgin switch and doing a Nand back up won’t work because to do that NAND back up you have to run homebrew. A catch 22

IHOP

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Good luck with that, Nintendo dose not care, they look at it as the same as piracy, no matter how you word it or think you found a loop hole Nintendo won’t see the The difference like lots of people said if you want online go for a brand-new clean virgin switch and doing a Nand back up won’t work because to do that NAND back up you have to run homebrew. A catch 22
His question was are they legal. Not do i get banned when i run legal NSPs lol.

Reactions: fixingmytoys

teelo

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
His question was are they legal.
Oh. They're totally illegal. Copyright infringement, and circumvention of a data protection mechanism. The cops are going to bust down your door, sieze your computers, and kick your dog. Unless you're outside of USA where the DMCA has no jurisdiction. Here in the superior zone, it would just be a civil matter, and since they're not suffering any damages if I run homebrew software, their argument would fall flat.

fixingmytoys

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
What? No you dont
Umm so what software to run to make a NAND backup and what software to use to restore that nand back up , is provided by Nintendo? Can you get it on the eShop, see Catch 22 , what you are going to tell me that that software use to make and restore a NAND back up is the only piece of homebrew or activity that Nintendo can’t detect. The only way to be safe is to have one switch for online and one for the fun stuff

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

His question was are they legal. Not do i get banned when i run legal NSPs lol.
Yes op was questioning if he would get banned for running homebrew, even if it was so called “legal” homebrew

jt_1258

Ella
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
People have been banned just for using homebrew and nothing else.

Get a switch for online and one for offline if you care about online
or, ya know, a novel idea is rather then blow 300 dollars for just homebrew why not wait for emunand which won't cost you a penny outside of maybe an sd card

D

Deleted User

When you have the game bought by yourself, then yes you are legal.
But when you have the game why does you need an NSP from it ^^

NWwind

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
I found a thing on REMOVED. Someone said he has 1200+ eShop NSP
Can I trust it?

Last edited by Joe88, , Reason: Do not mention warez sites

ZachyCatGames

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Umm so what software to run to make a NAND backup and what software to use to restore that nand back up , is provided by Nintendo? Can you get it on the eShop, see Catch 22 , what you are going to tell me that that software use to make and restore a NAND back up is the only piece of homebrew or activity that Nintendo can’t detect. The only way to be safe is to have one switch for online and one for the fun stuff
Nintendo can't detect people making nand backups with hekate...

Ericthegreat

Not New Member
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just installed reinx on my switch and I want to install some games. However I know that playing .nsp games online is very dangerous, so I'm asking here, is there any .nsp Nintendo games that won't make my switch get banned?
Just using reinx might be able to get you banned, nintendo seem to be assholes this time....

NWwind

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
If I install and play NSP without internet and go online after uninstalling it, will Nintendo know that I used NSP?

fodder

STARMAN
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If I install and play NSP without internet and go online after uninstalling it, will Nintendo know that I used NSP?
Do NOT go online with a hacked Switch in any way, shape, or form. I suggest removing previously entered Wifi networks and enabling airplane mode.

Uninstalling a previously installed .nsp will do nothing to help you if you want to go online after using CFW. I suggest restoring your clean NAND backup if you are done with CFW, as even if you try your best to remove traces of CFW usage, you wont find everything and there will be traces in your previously hacked NAND.

Last edited by fodder,

Techjunky90

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Technically some homebrew NSPs are legal.
Legality & Nintendo's policy are two completely different things. Being legally made still does not mean you can play them on the switch without being banned because you have to break the end user agreement to install these legally made nsp.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Weird I have been playing MSU enhanced Genesis games for a while now lol